Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oden to the NBA

Re: Sounds like Oden will return.

A buddy of mine at work (and I have no idea who his source is) told me that he heard Oden, Conley, and Cook were all leaving early for the NBA. Again, I have no idea where he heard this, but that's what he told me this morning.

Bottom line: I'm not sure you can trust anything until you hear it from the players.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    A buddy of mine at work (and I have no idea who his source is) told me that he heard Oden, Conley, and Cook were all leaving early for the NBA. Again, I have no idea where he heard this, but that's what he told me this morning.

Bottom line: I'm not sure you can trust anything until you hear it from the players.

Wow that would be outstanding for my Hoosiers. And I'd like to see the Pacers get a shot to draft Mike Conley, they need a point guard.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

A buddy of mine at work who knows the janitor at the University of Florida said that his brother is the janitor at the Columbus Arts League and he knows the janitor at one of the Starbucks in Columbus and that guys brother is a freshman who lives in the next dorm over from Oden and he says he has no idea whats going to happen here.

Take that for what its worth....
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Source?
    Someone as close to the situation as can be. As of 3 weeks ago, he was leaving but obviously, things could've changed. I could give you the exact name of the source, but only in a PM if you'd like to know. You're not going to know the guy, but it's pretty legit. (God, I hate this type of "my source knows better than your source" crap because more often than not, these type of posts I'm making are full of crap. . . . so take it for what it's worth.)

Look at his rep then think about the source.
    As we all know, reputation points should be taken very seriously.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard Oden say he was going pro out at 31 Flavors last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Oden AND Conley are both leaving. take it to the bank. If your surprised at Conley leaving just look at his situation, exactly how can he improve his draft stock by staying?

Chip - Puffy's post wasn't very funny so that makes your post, posted a half an hour later, even less funny.

I apologize if my original post started this. I just wanted to post that I did hear (from OSU fans I work with) that they had heard all 3 of those guys were leaving. Sorry that my posting that caused what followed.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I heard they were staying when I said it out loud. Trust me, the guy I heard it from is as credible as it gets.

Chip - Puffy's post wasn't very funny so that makes your post, posted a half an hour later, even less funny.

Suck it, Trebek.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I had a dream last night that Oden and the rest left for the NBA, and that Matta recruited an even better team for next year and that all the anti-Ohio State rebel rousers had to have therapy………

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Conley might have some size issues
    Size doesn't matter.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    In some cases, yes.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    I had a dream last night that Oden and the rest left for the NBA, and that Matta recruited an even better team for next year and that all the anti-Ohio State rebel rousers had to have therapy………

Huh, I had a similar dream, except mine went one step further where OSU was found to have done some illegal recruiting. Wierd.

Back on topic, I hope they do what's best for them. If they think staying school will help them grow as people then that's great and I hope they do it. But if not, take the money and grow as players, or at least get paid, and get your education as you go along.
    Last edited by rdiersin; 04-11-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    Size doesn't matter.
    It's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Perhaps not, but a negative - 55 is reaching uncharted territory, I do believe.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Turn Off Ads?