Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Henry suspended for 8 games

Re: Chris Henry suspended for 8 games

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Tab Perry was medically cleared the other day, so I hope hes ready to step up on the field this season. He was supposed to be more involved in the offense last year before hurting his hip.
    I would assume Chatman will be back as well. Hopefully those two can help shoulder some of the weight until Henry comes back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

As a Bengals fan, I say Chris Henry deserves to sit all 8 of those games.

Kudos to the commish.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycint View Post
    I would assume Chatman will be back as well. Hopefully those two can help shoulder some of the weight until Henry comes back.
    Chatman and Brazell should be back from injuries and I would have to assume Glen Holt will make the team since he did a good job returning kick offs last year.

You don't think those duties will be returned to Perry?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    What'd Mike Ditka play at?

Regular-Sized Ditka or Mini-Ditka?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    You don't think those duties will be returned to Perry?
    Both Perry and Holt will probably get shots at returning kick offs next season.

The problem with athletes like these is they come from these horrible backgrounds. They feel guilty about making it out of the slums while their family and friends are still stuck there so they surround themselves with the people they are afraid of and guilty about leaving. Problem is, many of these people are there for a reason. They won't get a job and/or they are involved in drugs and street crimes. They wind up pulling these athletes back into the things they should be trying to get away from. It also doesn't help if these same athletes wind up being coddled by teachers and coaches since junior high. So, you wind up with athletes who feel entitled and who have never been told "no" or "You shouldn't do that." There are no easy answers here. However, I believe Jones and Henry deserved exactly what they got. Somehow, somewhere you have to take responsibility and learn self-restraint. Unfortunately, some never do.

"I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career," Goodell wrote to the players. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you in that effort."

For whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

Wise up guys.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

We all thought we were invincible and untouchable as 23 year olds [roughly], no reason these two wouldn't think the same thing. Maybe now they were realize they are going far overboard in their actions.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

While I agree with the commish on these suspensions something needs to be done about legal problems as a whole in football. Tank Johnson should not have been allowed to play football at all last year, let alone the super bowl. I am sick and tired of seing teams and NFL turn their back on a domestic violence dispute while punish a guy who blows .02 over the legal limit (Deltha). I do not like seing a roided up Merriman play in the pro bowl in the same year that he was suspended for steiroids. If I were the commish I would have tacked on 2 more games for Merriman for lying about how the steroids got into his system.

I find it amusing that a guy can get 4 games for smoking a joint (I have never do so my self) but a guy who beats his wife is allowed to play perhaps the next day. If I were a parent of had a friend who got nabbed for DUI or got in trouble for failing a drug test I would be upset at him but I would be far more upset if he beat his wife or fired a gun in public or a variety of other felonies that NFL players have commited but walked free.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    As a Bengals fan, I say Chris Henry deserves to sit all 8 of those games.

Kudos to the commish.
    Ditto.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I hope they fight these suspensions, and I hope they win. That's not to say I condone their actions, but I have a real problem with the way the commissioner is handling this. I don't think it's right to create a new policy and then apply it retroactively. This policy is supposed to be a deterrent. How exactly does a policy enacted in early 2007 deter someone from getting arrested in 2006? This is like lowering the speed limit on highways to 50 MPH today, then giving everyone tickets for driving 55 last week. Doesn't hardly seem right, does it?

And let's not forget, Chris Henry has already been suspended last year for the same thing he's being suspended for now. How do you punish someone twice for the same offense? It's not like he's been arrested again since his suspension.

Now that the policy is in effect, if Chris Henry or Pacman did something stupid tomorrow then I've got no problem at all with the league throwing the book at them. They've been acting like idiots, and they'd deserve what they got. But it just is not right to do this retroactively. To me, this is as much about Roger Goodell posturing and grandstanding than it is anything else.

Titans fan here. I'm glad Pacman is gone for the season. Good move, commish.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Now that the policy is in effect, if Chris Henry or Pacman did something stupid tomorrow then I've got no problem at all with the league throwing the book at them.
    My understanding is that this ruling is about Chris's recent legal problem involving his traffic stop for a few minor violations, along with the more serious offense of driving under a suspended license. Some or all of these violations are considered likely to violate his various probations, as well. If so, then this suspension is related to continued, unlawful behavior, and does not pertain to last year's batch of legal problems.
    Makes all the routine posts.

If the Bengals were a class orgazination they would have never allowed this to go as far as it did. The Bengals should have released him a long time ago.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?