Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aaron won't attend record breaker

Re: Aaron won't attend record breaker

Barry's out there all alone these days. I wonder if he feels it was all worth it.
    Assuming he juiced, of course.
    Last edited by Redlegs; 04-10-2007 at 07:53 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

As a lifelong baseball fan...

One I saw on TV as a kid and I will always remember seeing. I felt fortunate at a young age to be old enough to see it and I have never forgotten it.

One I will make it a point to not see. If I am watching something else and they break-in to show the AB, I will turn the channel. I will not watch it. I will eventually see it and read about it b/c of who I am, but I will not be happy... as I was for the other guy in 1974.

Good for Hank. And good for him for his reason. We will watch and read certain media types turn it into something it is not, but all the more reason for Hank not to deal with those types. Enjoy your life, Hank... a good man like you deserves it.

Loneliness is a such a sad affair
    And I can hardly wait to be with you again
    What to say to make you come again
    Come back to me again

Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby
    You said you'd be coming back this way again baby
    Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, I love you
    I really do
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Way to go Hank, if more people like that would step up and give their 2 cents that worthless piece of crap Bonds wouldn't be so darn celebrated. If he gets into the hall of fame there is no reason Pete Rose shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.MojoRisin View Post
    Way to go Hank, if more people like that would step up and give their 2 cents that worthless piece of crap Bonds wouldn't be so darn celebrated. If he gets into the hall of fame there is no reason Pete Rose shouldn't.
    As long as ESPN is around, the world won't be able to escape Barry and "the chase".
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Long live The Hammer as Home Run King!
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

to Hank.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Barry's out there all alone these days. I wonder if he feels it was all worth it.
    Yahoo posted this photo a couple of days ago, and I wanted to use it for the caption contest, but we'd done a Bonds a few days prior, so I didn't. Still, it's a captivating shot.

We see Bonds and we're told that he's "among legends," but he's actually standing there all alone. Willie Mays seems to be looking at Bonds accusingly. Hank Aaron? He's turned his back on Bonds.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Yahoo posted this photo a couple of days ago, and I wanted to use it for the caption contest, but we'd done a Bonds a few days prior, so I didn't. Still, it's a captivating shot.

We see Bonds and we're told that he's "among legends," but he's actually standing there all alone. Willie Mays seems to be looking at Bonds accusingly. Hank Aaron? He's turned his back on Bonds.

The Babe looks like he's searching for the beer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    The Babe looks like he's searching for the beer guy.
    Or some hottie in the stands!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post

Not just looking at him accusingly but Willie looks like he's about to go Tanya Harding on Bonds' knee.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Henry Aaron= I-N-T-E-G-R-I-T-Y
    sorry we're boring

If Bonds breaks the record anywhere but SF it will be pretty embarrassing for MLB. I ran a poll a few months back asking if people would boo or cheer Bonds if they happened to be at the park when he broke the record. 56% said they would boo loudly. 32 % said they would sit and neither cheer or boo. Only 10% said they would cheer him. MLB is going to have a major PR crisis because it is very likely that one of baseballs cherished records will be broke in a visitors park, with tens of thousands of fans booing and making the event something MLB will long to forget about.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Good thing the all-time hit record isn't tainted in any way.

Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?