Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League Updates Format

Minor League Updates Format

Maybe I'm asking for too much here but I'd like to see a recap of the previous night's minor league games without having to sift through the minor league "game threads". Is there any way we could have a minor league game update thread and then the next morning have a seperate overall minor league recap and discussion thread?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Re: Minor League Updates Format

My blog does weekly capsules every Tuesday. Good way to catch up on a bunch of action at once in a format that gives you some perspective on how the game went, not just a jumble of numbers (like a box score).

http://www.redsandblues.com/?p=269 is for the first week of the season.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 04-10-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    My blog does weekly capsules every Tuesday. Good way to catch up on a bunch of action at once in a format that gives you some perspective on how the game went, not just a jumble of numbers.

http://www.redsandblues.com/?p=269 is for the first week of the season.
    Thanks Doc, I'll check it out...

Is there any way we could have a minor league game update thread and then the next morning have a seperate overall minor league recap and discussion thread?
    I would definitely like to see that. I'm constantly blown away at the effort put into the play by plays of the minor league games, but a lot of the discussion gets lost in the pages and pages of PBP. Having a seperate thread for recap and discussion would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Is there any way we could have a minor league game update thread and then the next morning have a seperate overall minor league recap and discussion thread?
    I am going to try to get back into the swing of posting the "highlights" from each minor league game like I was doing last year for quite awhile. After I list all stats for each team then others went behind and posted game stories and discussion.

I will go ahead and post how I did last year and see if it sticks. I can recap each day at around 7:30am because I work 3rd shift.

I'm not a fan of posting the whole boxscore because that means everyone has to sift through the whole boxscore just to see who did well.

I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I know that what I do isn't the most timely thing, but it seems like it would work well for people who want to keep up without having to come back to a forum or website every day. My summaries also contain more commentary and opinion than the typical stock recaps you find on MiLB.com, etc.

Turn Off Ads?