Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would you have juiced?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 35.90%
  • No

50 64.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you have juiced?

Senor Votto

Would you have juiced?

If you played in the majors during the late 80s early 90s would you have juiced? I think I might have tried it a few times to see if it helped and to gain some ground on the guys that were above me. Plus the money you'd be making would be another good reason to do it. I don't think I'd do it like Jose, Mark, or Barry did but I would've done it a few times I'm sure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you have juiced?

I had to say yes for reasons that are pretty obvious. I'd be wanting to be the best and to compete with these guys. Obviously, I'd need the same "edge" they do. Would I feel regret for doing it? You bet.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm 5'5" and 165. No amount of juice can help that.

Maybe a better question would be, would you have played in the majors in the 90's if you didn't juice....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Big no from me. Don't care for needles. My wife gets a kick out of me when I have to have my blood drawn. It's a major event.

i like the size of my manhood and rather not have them shrink

honestly its hard for us to relate. Imagine being stuck in AAA, so close yet so far from the glamor of the majors. Its a temptation that i think a lot would struggle to pass up

redsgabp

i don't know if i would had or not.

but one thing for sure would be,
    if i did, i wouldn't of taken them in front of anybody.

I won't even kiss up to the boss to get ahead (which is why I never get ahead). I definitely wouldn't juice.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by redsgabp View Post
    i don't know if i would had or not.

but one thing for sure would be,
    if i did, i wouldn't of taken them in front of anybody.
    I'm sure it was pretty common in the club house to see a bunch of guys doing it out in the open. I wouldn't have done it in the open but that's just me.

I think I would be very tempted to juice. But in the end, I would not be able to bring myself to do it.

So the answer is no.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Nobody knows what they would do until presented with the situation in real life.

That's what's so insideous about juicing. The marginal kid who might not make it otherwise would very often crawl across broken glass for a chance at the show.

I'd like to think I wouldn't. But I can't say with certainty that I'd be strong enough not to, if faced with losing a lifelong dream.

I have a lot less sympathy for a major league player already there, who just wants to enhance his physical strength to get a bigger contract.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I'm so afraid of needles that it would barely even cross my mind.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

If it meant prolonging or enhancing my career in an age where no rules prohibited it. Yep, without a doubt.

I'm 5'5".

You got any HGH in that bag?

Makes all the routine posts.

I am sure I would. I am also sure if I had I would currently regret it.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?