Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if the nationals trully are rebuilding...

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

if the nationals trully are rebuilding...

What would it take to pick up chad cordero. Obviously Weathers/stanton are not the answer.

Also the odds that WK would even deal with Washington again after the last debacle?
    Last edited by thatcoolguy_22; 04-12-2007 at 05:08 AM.
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: if the nationals trully are rebuilding...

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    What would it take to pick up chad cordero. Obviously Weathers/stanton are not the answer.

Also the odds that WK would even deal with Washington again after the last debacle?
    At the trading deadline.....more than the Reds should be willing to give...
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    At the trading deadline.....
    You'd think that, but we all thought that Soriano was moving too. Sometimes I think Jimbo would rather be right than make the right move.

As for the Reds getting Cordero, no thanks. Let's move on to the next store.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

I think Wayne probably put Jimbo back on call blocking in Cincy.

But let's say hypothetically that there wasn't bad feelings to worry about.

It's hard to say if Washington is going to want to trade Cordero or keep him as part of the core they want to build around. It's also hard to say whether the owners will go on a spending spree with the new park about to open in hopes of generating excitement. If so, it's doubtful Cordero would be traded for prospects that are more than 1 year away.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Should be forced to give him to us for nothing after screwing us last year.

I'd rather not trade with Washington....ever again.
    Most Vottomatic Player

How many blown saves for Reds so far?
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

"Fool me once, shame on you................Fool me twice, shame on me"
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I think any trade with the Nationals would be awkward after last year. I would like it if we took our hurt pitchers and traded them to Washington. What would be even better is a trade of Milton to them to make up for the Majewski trade.

What would it take to pick up chad cordero.
    If the Nats are rebuilding, why would they trade away their 25 year old closer who is signed to a reasonable contract?

Just because a team is in dire straits doesn't mean they are in a position to be robbed of all talent.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    I think any trade with the Nationals would be awkward after last year. I would like it if we took our hurt pitchers and traded them to Washington. What would be even better is a trade of Milton to them to make up for the Majewski trade.

I was seriously thinking the same thing. It's like settling out of court.

The call:

"Jim? Yea it's Wayne here. Yes, that Wayne. I know, I didn't think I'd be calling ever ever again either. Listen, I have an idea. I see your rotation is in shambles. I got this roster predicament. I think we can help each other. No... not like last time. This time I want it to be really fair. Here's what I'm thinking. You take on Milton, hell... we'll even throw in half his salary, and I will call Bud right now and let him know our formal complaint has been dropped. What do ya say, pal-sy?"

Yea, I know I'm dreaming slightly... but I was always told it's good to have dreams.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

They can have Bray and Majewski or nothing and like it.

A quote from one team in regards to the "talent" on the Nationals:

"I've been watching that team, just to see if we might want to [trade] for someone when they start selling," said one front-office man. "I still haven't come up with that someone."

For what Kriv gave up last year, Cordero should've been involved in that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    II will call Bud right now and let him know our formal complaint has been dropped. What do ya say, pal-sy?"

Yea, I know I'm dreaming slightly... but I was always told it's good to have dreams.
    I know you said you are dreaming, but I doubt that formal complaint ever gets filed. Wayne just seems to dance around the issue every time he is asked. I hope some reporter has the guts to ask Wayne again about the complaint when the statute of limitations expires.

My opinion is that if Wayne had enough info to nail Bowden, he would've filed the complaint by September at the latest to save his own reputation.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?