Thread: Will Hamilton Start Friday???

Re: Will Hamilton Start Friday???

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    Lord help me, I agree with this.
    Band wagon jumper
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

At this point I think Hobbs should be in the starting lineup except against wicked lefties. Might as well see how far this phenomenon goes. As I've said multiple times, the Reds need a few heroes to carry this team. If Hobbs is going to keep running around in a cape, don't stop him.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Band wagon jumper
    I think we're all jumping on the Hamilton band wagon right now
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    At this point I think Hobbs should be in the starting lineup except against wicked lefties. Might as well see how far this phenomenon goes. As I've said multiple times, the Reds need a few heroes to carry this team. If Hobbs is going to keep running around in a cape, don't stop him.
    Yeah, I agree, keep running him out there. That home run he hit last night was silly. He was fooled on that ball, but he kept his hands back and flipped it to left. Most guys flip it to left and get a bloop single, he hits it out of the park, that's a rare talent.

Absolutely Josh Hamilton should start. This guy is simply incredible. He's fast, he plays great defense, he hits for power to all fields, he's got a great eye at the plate, and he loves the game. Josh Hamilton is my hero. He's going to be a superstar for a long time, IMO.

He'll be there vs. Big Z.

I hoping like no other he starts Saturday when I'm there, but a lefty is on the hill I don't know.

With Seabass out for at least the next 3 days, the easy solution is Phillips at SS, Freel at 2B, and Hamilton in CF. We'll see if that's what Narron does.
    Last edited by reds44; 04-12-2007 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He'll be there on Saturday vs. Big Z.

I hoping like no other he starts Saturday when I'm there, but a lefty is on the hill I don't know.

With Seabass out for at least the next 3 days, the easy solution is Phillips at SS, Freel at 2B, and Hamilton in CF. We'll see if that's what Narron does.
    That's the logical thing to do but I'm afraid Narron will put Castro at short.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Man Pills

Since this team is about as exciting as a bowl of vanilla tofu ice cream covered in sugarfree chocolate syrup, yeah, I'd like to see the x-factor stick around for as long as his hand stays hot.

I see it like this, Ryan Freel probably won't be a member of the next Reds team to reach the playoffs, Hamilton has a chance to be.
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I think we're all jumping on the Hamilton band wagon right now
    Certainly beats the rickshaws that've passed for bandwagons around here the past few seasons.

In fact, what's not to like about this bandwagon? A story of trials, falls, and redemption all wearing a Cincinnati Reds uniform and playing the role of slugger-hero.

And, much as people would like to forget it, having Jerry Narron and his brother around the team is really helping to make this happen.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I see it like this, Ryan Freel probably won't be a member of the next Reds team to reach the playoffs, Hamilton has a chance to be.

krono, thats my point as well. if we take the rose colored glasses off we know we're a long shot to make the playoffs. hamilton needs to play almost everyday. also if votto continues to develope i hope the reds bring him up this season and move hatteburg. having hamilton, votto, EE and phillips in the everday lineup gives me hope for the future.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Since this team is about as exciting as a bowl of vanilla tofu ice cream covered in sugarfree chocolate syrup, yeah, I'd like to see the x-factor stick around for as long as his hand stays hot.
    Ok, this I disagree with, and I am as pessimistic as anyone on this board. I'm not overly excited about the 'pen, but it's been pretty effective.

I'm practically giddy about the way Belisle has started out. Big test on Tuesday.

The offense hasn't quite clicked yet, but Dunn is locked in, Jr is starting to show his power is returning. Freel is getting on base.

The defense has been good. the SP outside of Milton and Lohse has been good. the pen so far has been good. The bench has been good. The offense has been meh except for Dunn and Freel. But I see that as something that will work itself out.

Maybe I just want to believe.
    Suck it up cupcake.

The more this Hamilton story unfolds, the more the Devil Rays organization is looking increasingly inept (as if they didn't already).

Were they simply clueless as to his talent? Did they think he had no chance whatsoever to ever play in the majors? Did they think his baggage was too much for any team to take a chance on?

Even considering all of those things, you would think any organization that had a player with the raw skills and talent of Hamilton would hold onto him until the last possible ounce of hope was drained. It's not like he was costing them a fortune, or even a roster spot. Yet they lost him for essentially nothing. It really does boggle the mind.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I'm guessing they thought nobody would take a shot on a guy like Hamilton.

But they hadn't counted on...the Kivsky
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    The more this Hamilton story unfolds, the more the Devil Rays organization is looking increasingly inept (as if they didn't already).

Were they simply clueless as to his talent? Did they think he had no chance whatsoever to ever play in the majors? Did they think his baggage was too much for any team to take a chance on?

Even considering all of those things, you would think any organization that had a player with the raw skills and talent of Hamilton would hold onto him until the last possible ounce of hope was drained. It's not like he was costing them a fortune, or even a roster spot. Yet they lost him for essentially nothing. It really does boggle the mind.
    To give Tampa Bay credit, they had him for eight years and he showed nothing in rookie ball last year. That he's been able to completely remake his game without the benefit of playing is astounding. There's no point in looking to baseball for precedents. He's a mix of Bernard Malamud, O Henry, Horatio Alger, Arthur C. Clarke and Roger Zelazny.

The D-Rays had no way of knowing he'd enter the realm of living narrative. Where the story goes is anyone's guess. He could be a star or his bubble could burst. Yet Tampa Bay's loaded with prospects it had to keep on the 40-man roster and what Hamilton's done the past two months is surreal. If anything, it's yet another indication that the universe exists to mock the Devil Rays.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Turn Off Ads?