Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pitching thoughts...

Pitching thoughts...

1. Really hopeful about the rotation based on the last 2 nights...we know what we'll be getting generally with Harang and Arroyo and even Milton (unfortunately) but Lohse and Belisle battled well now for the 2nd straight start...I know Lohse is getting killed for the 2 HR pitches, but he gave us a chance to win, didn't give in and collapse after a 3 spot in the 1st...and Belisle after a really shaky start (they were launching ropes early) gives another good 6 IP...kudos to the starting 5 after 2 trips around the rotation...

2. I didn't see the end last night, but did Weathers get hit hard or did they just score a run (if that makes sense??)...

3. I've got to admit being intrigued by Brad Lidge...I doubt seriously we could entice the Astros to move him to us (intra-division trades and all) and I understand the legitimate financial burden...but a change of scenery and the stuff that guy has...maybe he'll struggle enough to be a bit of an albatross over there and he'll go below-value???

4. I actually like the makeup of our bullpen especially if we get a healthy Bray and Majewski in the mix...my biggest hope is for the pen to continue to pitch well, for those guys to get healthy and a trade to relieve some of the overload of guys for a good RH bat off the bench...

5. Allow the dream...continued solid pitching from the Big 4...mid-June callup of Bailey who blows away AAA for 3 months and assumes Milton's spot as he is DFA'd (I wish for better for him as you know, but my dreams can only go so far)...wow!!!

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pitching thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post
    2. I didn't see the end last night, but did Weathers get hit hard or did they just score a run (if that makes sense??)...
    He got smacked around a little bit, but he pitched like a veteran. He knew that at 3-1, he had a run to give, so he forgot about the baserunner and concentrated on getting the batters, which he ultimately did. A run scored, but the Reds won. It was fun to watch.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?