Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AGon on Bereavement List.

AGon on Bereavement List.

AGone has been placed on the Bereavement List.

He returned home today to attend to family matters.

He will be gone for at least three days. The Reds will make a roster move before game time Friday.

Per Trent.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 04-12-2007 at 05:55 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: AGon on Bereavement List.

Phillips to SS for a game or two, Freel to 2nd, so Hamilton can play in center? That's how I solve the problem for the next few games...

Senor Votto

Reds put Gonzalez on bereavement list

April 12, 2007

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Shortstop Alex Gonzalez will miss several games for the Cincinnati Reds, who placed him on the bereavement list Thursday.

Gonzalez left the team to attend to a family matter in Venezuela. He can stay on the bereavement list for up to one week. The Reds were off Thursday before opening a weekend series in Chicago.

Gonzalez is hitting .313 with three RBIs for the Reds, who signed him as a free agent in the offseason to improve their defense. He must stay on the bereavement list for a minimum of three days, meaning he will miss at least the first two games in Chicago.

The Reds planned to fill his roster spot before Friday's series opener at Wrigley Field.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Phillips to SS for a game or two, Freel to 2nd, so Hamilton can play in center? That's how I solve the problem for the next few games...
    That's what I would do, but I think we will see Castro at SS unfortunatley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I hope that's what they do.

That's unfortunate. I would hope BP moves to SS, but I think we're going to see Castro get a few starts. Narron doesn't like to rock the boat, even if it would produce a more optimal lineup.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Whats so wrong with Castro at short for a few games?

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Putting Hamilton in the lineup, but leaving Freel in there improves the offense immensely, and that seems to be why the Reds have lost 3 or their last 4.

He can't hit and he can't field. He's about as bad an option as you could get at SS.

Mercifully he's only playing for a couple of games.

He'd be paying over Freel, Phillips, or Hamilton.

What's not wrong with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Can he be stopped?

Castro will start at least one of those games ASSUMING he is healthy. He had flu-like symptoms in AZ according to the Post.

Another Arizona resident, infielder Juan Castro, was happy to be home, but it was tempered by the fact he was ill with flu-like symptoms. Still, Castro said, it was better to be sick at home rather than in a hotel.
    I was listening to Milton's start on sunday, and Marty mentioned Jerry was on the record saying he wanted to get Castro a start in there. My hope is he starts one of the games and BP/Freel start the other... I'm assuming Castro was 100% since Jerry let him bat cleanup yesterday. But maybe he's not, and that was simply to light a fire under Edwin's rear end. If thats the case, maybe Castro won't play until Saturday or so. Horray for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    He can't hit and he can't field. He's about as bad an option as you could get at SS.

Mercifully he's only playing for a couple of games.
    Say what you want, but he has hit the ball pretty solid so far this season. And I think there are worse options at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Say what you want, but he has hit the ball pretty solid so far this season. And I think there are worse options at SS.
    He has hit the ball well so far, but we have enough evidence to suggest it wont continue.

He has hit the ball well so far, but we have enough evidence to suggest it wont continue.
    We are only talking an extremely short-term solution.

and he can't field.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Turn Off Ads?