Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Should Griffey or Dunn be moved to first base? (Two parter)

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 27.82%
  • No

70 52.63%
  • Dunn

35 26.32%
  • Griffey

28 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Griffey or Dunn be moved to first base? (TWO CHOICES IN POLL)

Should Griffey or Dunn be moved to first base? (TWO CHOICES IN POLL)

Two parter: First off, should it be done and secondly which would you choose?

I say Yes and that it should be Dunner.

Stick Griffey in LF, Hammy in CF, and Freel in RF with Dunner at 1B and you'd really have something.
    Last edited by WMR; 04-12-2007 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should Griffey or Dunn be moved to first base?

I put Hamilton in center, move Freel to third and put EE on first.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Two parter: First off, should it be done and secondly which would you choose?

I say Yes and that it should be Dunner.

Stick Griffey in LF, Hammy in CF, and Freel in RF with Dunner at 1B and you'd really have something.
    Yes and they can make Votto their DH....
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspark View Post
    That would weaken your defense.

Edwin's been a vacuum at 3rd this year. Him, Seabass, and BP are great.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldnít do it." - Brad Kullman

I'd wait to see if Hamilton is completely for real in 2007. Kevin Maas says hello.

To answer your implied question/statement jojo, I'm viewing this as only for this season. Once Votto demonstrates he is big league ready and comes to Cincinnati, further adjustments would necessarily be made.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    That would weaken your defense.

Edwin's been a vacuum at 3rd this year. Him, Seabass, and BP are great.
    Yah, Edwin's going to win multiple GG's at 3B b/f his career is through.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I'd wait to see if Hamilton is completely for real in 2007. Kevin Maas says hello.
    Even if his offense tapers off, I still say you're going to be way better off in the long run with my proposed changes. Get Hamilton much needed ABs and the defense is MUCH better.

(And I totally disagree with that 'Dunn can't play 1st' bunk. I've seen him do it and he's more than capable over there)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mainspark View Post
    Trade Freel, keep EE on third (he's playing excellent defense this year thus far), and bring Votto up by the ASB, especially if the Reds are out of it. Conine and Hatte can hold the job down until he's ready.

Freel is a favorite here in Cincinnati, but he is an undisciplined ballplayer. His best worth is as a supersub for a team like the Yanks, Mets, or Bosox. I'd try to get a good young reliever and a catching prospect for him.

Re: Should Griffey or Dunn be moved to first base? (TWO CHOICES IN POLL)

As unpopular as it is around here, I think the platoon of Hatteberg and Conine this year is fine. I'm not adverse to moving Freel back to the super-sub role he's had in recent years if Hamilton keeps playing the way he has the last few game (and I acknowledge that's definitely an "if" there). Leave Dunn and Griffey where they are.

Even if his offense tapers off, I still say you're going to be way better off in the long run with my proposed changes. Get Hamilton much needed ABs and the defense is MUCH better.

(And I totally disagree with that 'Dunn can't play 1st' bunk. I've seen him do it and he's more than capable over there)
    I agree, but I'd rather see someone get traded (Griffey/Freel, if possible) after the ASB and have Votto take Hatte's spot than just moving Dunn to 1st.

They need to take it slow with this guy. He could end up in the all-star game or in rehab again. He's two weeks into his major league career. No need to revamp the lineup for him.

To answer your implied question/statement jojo, I'm viewing this as only for this season. Once Votto demonstrates he is big league ready and comes to Cincinnati, further adjustments would necessarily be made.
    It wasn't a question/statement.....I was being snarky/sarcastic.....

My real point was that Griffey should've been at first two years ago, Dunn has already turned the job down and Narron can only pick on the little kids...
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

If it wasn't for Votto coming up next year then I would say Dunn but since Votto will be up sooner or later then my answer is neither of them should be at first.
    Most Vottomatic Player

As of right now I think it should stay as is with Hatti and Conine even thow Hamilton should play more b/c he has been tearing it up in the last two games.If I had to pick one to play first then I would have to say Griffey b/c Dunn has really improved thus far in left and It would mess him up.
    Last edited by WVPacman; 04-13-2007 at 01:21 AM.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I think to "see" as you say, will take AB's which WMR was suggesting a way to get him in line-up.
    Also... I hope Votto tears it up in Louisville and "is" the man for Cincy but for all wanting him up now....I am more inclined to see him put up #'s in louisville first. He's not exactly off to blazing start yet :

27 ab's 222 avg 7 k's

Not saying he wont turn it on ......but let's not rush him till he hits the AAA pitchers.

Turn Off Ads?