Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finish this future looking statement...

Finish this future looking statement...

To strengthen the Reds rotation for the pennant run, Krivsky will go out and get ______.

I'm saying Carlos Silva. No idea why, but when I saw him pitching tonight I just pictured him getting dealt to Cincy for someone like Lecure.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Finish this future looking statement...

Brad Radke.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Unless we can add a big time name I say we should stick with what we already have: Saarloos, Livingston, and further into the season Bailey. We definately need a good reliever than can close games. Ha maybe if the Yankees continue to fall apart phyiscially Rivera will be available at the deadline

To strengthen the Reds rotation for the pennant run, Krivsky will go out and get someone that will lead to a server overload at redszone.

Joe Saunders
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

With the Reds out of contention, the Reds have dealt Kyle Lohse to the New York Yankees for Phillip Hughes

But seriously, I could see Krivdogg going after someone like Buerhle (sp?) seeing how he will be a F.A. after the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    But seriously, I could see Krivdogg going after someone like Buerhle (sp?) seeing how he will be a F.A. after the year.
    Only to be outbid by the Yankees or Mets. Buerhle will want money. Not sure the Reds will be in the ballpark there.

Maybe he pulls a treat and signs Santana for us (That is in two years)..?
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I actually could see him getting someone from the White Sox rotation if they fall out of contention, Buehrle, Vazquez, Contreras, or Garland.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

get rid of Milton and bring up Homer.

To strengthen the Reds bullpen for the pennant run, Krivsky will go out and get Washington Nationals closer Chad Cordero.

Cordero is a very good closer on a team that rarely generates a save opportunity. The Nationals would be smart to trade Cordero for a quality prospect. The Reds would be smart to trade a prospect like Joey Votto to get a shutdown closer to anchor their bullpen.

Votto may seem like a lot to give up, but if you aren't willing to spend big bucks in the offseason to bring in a top free agent closer then you have to sacrifice a valuable prospect. Votto is a player the Reds would love to keep, but his upside is not as great as Homer Bailey or Jay Bruce.

If the Reds can get Cordero for a cheaper price than Votto then they should jump all over it.
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 04-12-2007 at 10:36 PM. Reason: typos

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    To strengthen the Reds rotation for the pennant run, Krivsky will go out and get ______.

I'm saying Carlos Silva. No idea why, but when I saw him pitching tonight I just pictured him getting dealt to Cincy for someone like Lecure.
    The same Carlos Silva that caused the brawl between the Reds and the Phillies a few years ago where Lieberthal tackled Dunn as he charged the mound?

I'm sure that'll help chemistry in the clubhouse.

The Reds will be SELLERS in 2007.

One of Krivsky's smartest moves during the offseason was NOT overspending (with either salary or prospects) for a big name closer.

I'll assume that is by design, and that Krivsky will continue to not pursue a closer when so many options are in house.

Trading Votto for Cordero would be a really bad idea.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

The Reds will be SELLERS in 2007.
    I agree it is likely the Reds will be shopping the likes of Weathers, Stanton, Hatteberg, Cormier and Milton come trade deadline time.

Maybe Milton will pitch decently enough that somebody will find him useful enough to pay the last couple months of his contract.

I think the Reds offense is insufficient to enable them to be in contention past the All-Star break.

The new players Reds fans will be watching come August will be named Bailey and Votto. They will replace the players we trade off for prospects this summer.

Although I find the aforementioned scenario likely, don't get me wrong. I am still optimistic for this season. If the Cardinals can win the division with only 83 victories then win the World Series, there is no reason why the Reds can't do it this year too. If the Reds can get a career year from Gonzalez and if Dunn, Encarnacion and Phillips continue to improve (as their age says they will), then the Reds could conceivably win 90+ games. It is possible!

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    One of Krivsky's smartest moves during the offseason was NOT overspending (with either salary or prospects) for a big name closer.

I'll assume that is by design, and that Krivsky will continue to not pursue a closer when so many options are in house.

Trading Votto for Cordero would be a really bad idea.
    Trading Votto, Bruce or Bailey isn't going to happen. They are all really close and for a small market team like the Reds to have those guys for cheap is what keeps you live. i.e. Marlins
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

Well, I briefly considered Chad Cordero, but that's not going to happen. I don't think there's any scenario where Bowden and Krivsky would work together again to get a deal done. I'd predict the Nationals to win the World Series before I predicted us making a deal with them.

So, to answer the original question, I'm going to say Roger Clemens

Turn Off Ads?