Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Buddy is Throwing Out the First Pitch Today

My Buddy is Throwing Out the First Pitch Today

I just got a phone call letting me know that my buddy is throwing out the first pitch at wrigley today. How cool is that?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My Buddy is Throwing Out the First Pitch Today

Is he someone important?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

His name is Brian Murphy - him and his brother and step mom are owners of Murphy's Bleachers (bar right across from Wrigley Bleachers).

His dad (Jim) passed away a few years back and Brian (26 Years old) and his older Brother James (28 years old) took it over. Haven't run it into the ground yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    His name is Brian Murphy - him and his brother and step mom are owners of Murphy's Bleachers (bar right across from Wrigley Bleachers).

His dad (Jim) passed away a few years back and Brian (26 Years old) and his older Brother James (28 years old) took it over. Haven't run it into the ground yet.
    I know "Murphy's Bleachers" well Nothing like being able to finish a beer at Murphys, walk 30' across the street and your inside Wrigley.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

they supposedly sell more bud light than any other bar in the country. At $6 a pop on game day, that =$$$$$

We really need to get all the Chicago people together for a game one of these days.... I know there's more than a few of us.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

i'll be there on Saturday and Sunday.

If I ever get to throw out the first pitch, I'd do it up right. No Mark Mallory t-ball throw.

Toe the rubber, wind up behind my head, big ole Juan Marichal leg kick, bow my back, and just air it out.

Probably blow out my baling wire and chewing gum shoulder to pieces, but it would be worth it.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    If I ever get to throw out the first pitch, I'd do it up right. No Mark Mallory t-ball throw.

Toe the rubber, wind up behind my head, big ole Juan Marichal leg kick, bow my back, and just air it out.

Probably blow out my baling wire and chewing gum shoulder to pieces, but it would be worth it.
    I would throw the sickest 68 mph slider they have ever seen. Who am I kidding more like 58 mph.

I throw like a girl...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

The murphy's also own some of the rooftops around Wrigley and since they have to pay the cubs $$ on the rooftops this is more of a corporate sponsor getting to throw out the first pitch. Still cool but not as random as you would think.

Just be careful to not mess up the mound...at all...or you'll have some angry grounds crewman after ya'! Haha! At GABP, "Gapper" would often tease our head groundkeeper while we were watering the field before the game. "Gapper" would often try to drag his feet on the infield or around the plate, thus messing it up, so he got sprayed with the water hose...I mean soaked!
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Quote Originally Posted by LincolnparkRed View Post
    The murphy's also own some of the rooftops around Wrigley and since they have to pay the cubs $$ on the rooftops this is more of a corporate sponsor getting to throw out the first pitch. Still cool but not as random as you would think.
    I usually throw a rooftop party on their roof every summer. Its a good time.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    Just be careful to not mess up the mound...at all...or you'll have some angry grounds crewman after ya'! Haha! At GABP, "Gapper" would often tease our head groundkeeper while we were watering the field before the game. "Gapper" would often try to drag his feet on the infield or around the plate, thus messing it up, so he got sprayed with the water hose...I mean soaked!
    Should have gone after him with a bat. Gapper drives me freaking nuts and I hate him. [/end rant]

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Should have gone after him with a bat. Gapper drives me freaking nuts and I hate him. [/end rant]
    Couldn't agree more. I'm still trying to figure out if its the guy inside the costume that drives me nuts, or the costume. In the end it's really a moot point, I just can't stand either of them.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?