Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/13/07 at Chicago

Senor Votto

Re: 4/13/07 at Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    I'm surprised to see hamilton batting 3rd, only two big league starts and he's already in the 3 spot.
    He's batting 2nd.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by haylo2403 View Post
    I know the game isnt being shown on FSN today or tomorrow but am I right in seeing that its not being shown on WGN today and tomorrow also!?
    Comcast.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

That makes sense, who would wanna see Harang vs. Zambrano anyway?

I live in Columbus and am not sure if comcast is available, anyone know?

Senor Votto

Cincinnati (5-4) at Chi Cubs (3-5)
    By LAURA MEDINA, STATS Writer

Josh Hamilton took nearly eight years to make it to the major leagues. Now that he has arrived, Hamilton hopes his stay will last -- even if the Cincinnati Reds don't have an open spot in the outfield.

After homering in each of the past two games, Hamilton hopes to remain in the starting lineup when the Reds visit the Chicago Cubs on Friday in the opener of a three-game series at Wrigley Field.

For now, Hamilton might not have a regular place in an outfield that consists of Adam Dunn, Ryan Freel and Ken Griffey Jr.

"Josh has got a good chance of playing somewhere," Reds manager Jerry Narron said. "We've got to get him on the field. The spring he had and the at-bats he's having right now, he looks like he belongs here."

Hamilton appears to be finally living up to his promise after Tampa Bay selected him first overall in the 1999 draft. After a minor-league career that was interrupted by a drug suspension, Hamilton became available in the Rule 5 draft. The Cubs acquired Hamilton before trading him to Cincinnati for cash on Dec. 7.

All three of Hamilton's hits in his nine at-bats have gone for extra bases, and he has walked three times. Hamilton went 2-for-4 as the Reds (5-4) ended a three-game losing streak with a 3-2 win on Wednesday at Arizona.

"It's still hard for me to describe how fun it is to be here," Hamilton said. "I mean, I'm just so happy to have an opportunity."

Hamilton might play Friday behind right-hander Aaron Harang (2-0, 3.55 ERA), who seeks to win a career-high sixth straight decision.

Harang is 5-0 with a 3.05 ERA in his five starts since Sept. 19, beating the Cubs for the second time in that stretch in the season opener at Great American Ball Park on April 2. He allowed an unearned run, six hits and two walks while striking out five in seven innings to outduel Carlos Zambrano in a 5-1 win, and the Reds went on to take two of three in the series.

Harang enters the rematch with Zambrano after having his worst start in this streak. Harang gave up five runs and eight hits while striking out six in 5 2-3 innings in the Reds' 7-5 win over Pittsburgh on Saturday.

Harang is 6-1 with a 3.82 ERA in 10 starts against the Cubs (3-5), winning his last two appearances in Chicago.

Zambrano makes his first start of the year at Wrigley Field, where he was 7-6 with a 3.75 ERA in 19 starts last season, with the hopes of helping Chicago avoid losing its first three home games for the first time since 1997.

The Cubs lost two games with Houston -- and three straight overall -- before Wednesday's game was washed out.

"It's not bad to have one off day to organize yourself a little bit and acclimate yourself, relax a little bit," Cubs first-year manager Lou Piniella said.

The Cubs hope Zambrano (1-1, 6.00) can build off Saturday's 6-3 win at Milwaukee, where he allowed three runs and five hits while striking out six in six innings.

Zambrano fell to 8-6 with a 3.06 ERA in 22 appearances against Cincinnati after surrendering all five runs and six hits in five innings in the opener.

Dunn hit two homers in that game to increase his career total to six against Zambrano -- the most the right-hander has given up to any hitter. Dunn's 30 homers in 89 career games against the Cubs are his most against any team and his 17 at Wrigley are his most in an opposing ballpark.

Griffey has hit .389 (7-for-18) with two homers and five RBIs against Zambrano, but Freel has batted .188 (3-for-16) with four strikeouts.

Reds third baseman Edwin Encarnacion will return to the lineup after he was benched for not running out a pop fly in the first inning of Wednesday's game.

Cubs first baseman Derrek Lee has batted .424 (14-for-33) while hitting safely in all eight games this season. Lee has hit .360 (9-for-25) with two homers and four RBIs against Harang.

Chicago went 5-4 against Cincinnati at Wrigley Field last season.

I wonder if it will be blacked out on MLB.tv
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by haylo2403 View Post
    I live in Columbus and am not sure if comcast is available, anyone know?
    I'm wondering the same thing I really hope they don't black the game out.

I have Comcast here in Pittsburgh, and it's no on up here either. It doesnt matter because I wont get to watch it anyway, because I'm actually leaving now to head to PNC Park.

Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin eater is in town this weekend and it's a bobble head night. So, the crowd will be thick.

Take care guys, and GO REDS!

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    I have Comcast here in Pittsburgh, and it's no on up here either. It doesnt matter because I wont get to watch it anyway, because I'm actually leaving now to head to PNC Park.

Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin eater is in town this weekend and it's a bobble head night. So, the crowd will be thick.

Take care guys, and GO REDS!
    I have a friend who went up to Pittsburgh for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing I really hope they don't black the game out.
    The game is on Extra Innings and MLB.TV but if you are in the Reds home territory you will be blacked out.

Senor Votto

It says the Reds game is coming on Comcast on my TV guide thingy and on Extra Innings. Some times Extra innings is blacked out so hopefully Comcast will be showing it too just in case.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I wonder if Freel got Denoed. You know...get handed a starting spot, not rip it up immediately and then get banished? Not to say I'm not in agreement, I'm just sayin'.
    Narron only Denos (or EdEs?) players under 30.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I have a friend who went up to Pittsburgh for that game.

I'll be working in Guest Relations tonight, so with a thick crowd, me might be busy with complaints and such. I wonder how many people will come in complaining of an enormous head in left field!

Senor Votto

Just heard, Johan Gonzalez has been hospitalized and is in critical condition. Best wishes to the Gonzalez family right now.
    I hope his son gets better.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    I'll be working in Guest Relations tonight, so with a thick crowd, me might be busy with complaints and such. I wonder how many people will come in complaining of an enormous head in left field!
    I'm sure you'll have a few mothers complaining about how Barry is a bad influence

Turn Off Ads?