Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Thread: 4/13/07 at Chicago

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Re: 4/13/07 at Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Didn't Aaron have a bad April last year?
    Not the best statistically (not bad though!), but the record was great... and Opening Day (5IP, 9H, 3BB, 6ER) didn't help.

* 6 GS, 39.1 IP, 40H, 19ER, 33K, 9BB, 6HRA.
    >> 4.35 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 3 QS.
    >> 4-1 record, REDS were 5-1.

April without Opening Day...
    >> 3.41 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 4-0 record.

August was his worst month...
    >> 4.38 ERA, 1.54 WHIP.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

I don't think Zambrano is that smart of a guy. He might have great stuff, and he is untouchable in stretches, but I'll take a smart pitcher with average stuff any day. Lou is real frustrated with him right now. He said, "what can I do? I have to run him out there when it's his turn to pitch." The Cubs are "on the ropes" after this loss. Up 5 runs with their ace pitching....we need to sweep.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Not the best statistically (not bad though!), but the record was great... and Opening Day (5IP, 9H, 3BB, 6ER) didn't help.

* 6 GS, 39.1 IP, 40H, 19ER, 33K, 9BB, 6HRA.
    >> 4.35 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 3 QS.
    >> 4-1 record, REDS were 5-1.

April without Opening Day...
    >> 3.41 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 4-0 record.

August was his worst month...
    >> 4.38 ERA, 1.54 WHIP.

Thanks RFA66.

BTW - Everyone in a Cincinnati uniform had a bad August.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    In that situation, since the starter didn't go 5, you give it to the reliever judged most worthy. That's easily Coffey.
    I was under the impression that if the starter did not go 5 innings, the winner of the game is up to the official scorer. He could pick the starter if he wanted too. Like the All-Star game. If the starter leaves the game with the lead, let's say after the 3rd, he always gets the win.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I was under the impression that if the starter did not go 5 innings, the winner of the game is up to the official scorer. He could pick the starter if he wanted too. Like the All-Star game. If the starter leaves the game with the lead, let's say after the 3rd, he always gets the win.

I don't think he can pick the starter but he could pick anyone else eligible.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I think that's pretty stupid it should be the last pitcher. Aaron ought to be 3-0 but I guess I can't have things my way all the time.
    Most Vottomatic Player

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

From the MLB Rule Book

10.17 Winning And Losing Pitcher
    (a) The official scorer shall credit as the winning pitcher that pitcher whose team assumes a lead while such pitcher is in the game, or during the inning on offense in which such pitcher is removed from the game, and does not relinquish such lead, unless
    (1) such pitcher is a starting pitcher and Rule 10.17(b) applies; or
    (2) Rule 10.17(c) applies.
    Rule 10.17(a) Comment: Whenever the score is tied, the game becomes a new contest insofar as the winning pitcher is concerned. Once the opposing team assumes the lead, all pitchers who have pitched up to that point and have been replaced are excluded from being credited with the victory. If the pitcher against whose pitching the opposing team gained the lead continues to pitch until his team regains the lead, which it holds to the finish of the game, that pitcher shall be the winning pitcher.
    (b) If the pitcher whose team assumes a lead while such pitcher is in the game, or during the inning on offense in which such pitcher is removed from the game, and does not relinquish such lead, is a starting pitcher who has not completed
    (1) five innings of a game that lasts six or more innings on defense, or
    (2) four innings of a game that lasts five innings on defense, then the official scorer shall credit as the winning pitcher the relief pitcher, if there is only one relief pitcher, or the relief pitcher who, in the official scorerís judgment was the most effective, if there is more than one relief pitcher.
    Rule 10.17(b) Comment: It is the intent of Rule 10.17(b) that a relief pitcher pitch at least one complete inning or pitch when a crucial out is made, within the context of the game (including the score), in order to be credited as the winning pitcher. If the first relief pitcher pitches effectively, the official scorer should not presumptively credit that pitcher with the win, because the rule requires that the win be credited to the pitcher who was the most effective, and a subsequent relief pitcher may have been most effective. The official scorer, in determining which relief pitcher was the most effective, should consider the number of runs, earned runs and base runners given up by each relief pitcher and the context of the game at the time of each relief pitcherís appearance. If two or more relief pitchers were similarly effective, the official scorer should give the presumption to the earlier pitcher as the winning pitcher.
    (c) The official scorer shall not credit as the winning pitcher a relief pitcher who is ineffective in a brief appearance, when at least one succeeding relief pitcher pitches effectively in helping his team maintain its lead. In such a case, the official scorer shall credit as the winning pitcher the succeeding relief pitcher who was most effective, in the judgment of the official scorer.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

This was one of those games you get on the bus and get back to the hotel before they try to take it back from you. I love beating the Cubs, especially like this. You guys should hear the sports radio talk here, it's great.

I'll be there tomorrow, I'll do my best to bring a W home.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldnít do it." - Brad Kullman

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'll be there tomorrow, I'll do my best to bring a W home.
    Might bench you if you fail to run it out
    Go Gators!

Great fun today. Got some free tix from a Cubs fan, had to endure their bunk for 4 innings. Then, pure magic. Some good times in Wrigleyville for all the Reds fans in attendance. Typical Cubs arrogance resulted in several Reds fans getting ejected near my section though. And yeah, sports radio here now is classic, especiall with Sweet Lou's post game antics.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Cincy Red o5

:hamilton: will be huge this year

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy Red o5 View Post
    :hamilton: will be huge this year
    I doubt he'll even play tomorrow or Sunday but he will be huge
    Most Vottomatic Player

Rich Hill is the Reds opponent in Saturday's game. In 4 appearances versus the Reds he is 1-2 with a 6.23 ERA, 11 hits, 12 ERs, .175 AVG.

At Wrigley, he is much better though. He pitched a complete game against us on 9/16/06. A two-hitter, and struck out 10.
    Last edited by GAC; 04-14-2007 at 04:48 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    All star game is different, because the starter isn't allowed to pitch more than 3 innings.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Had fun at Wrigley! Saw a great game, and saw later, Sweet Lou has one of his media blow ups.

Good stuff!

Turn Off Ads?