Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6 year old charged with felony for throwing temper tantrum

Supreme Jar Opener

Re: 6 year old charged with felony for throwing temper tantrum

people only THINK they can't discipline their children... of course when do they have time? The problem is people are paying strangers to raise their kids so they can have a "Career"... and those strangers aren't allowed to discipline them... the parents are, they just don't because they aren't around **Puts away soap box**

I do have to say that if this becomes the norm, then my 3 y/o is gonna be a fugitive from the law before 1st grade....

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    This is the point. There are people there who could EASILY "control" that kid. But they'd be the ones in jail.

Knowing what i know about schools, this is probably what happened. This kid has been a problem long before this, even though she is only six. The parents have been spoken too or a previous incident took place where the parent did not like how the kid was handled. The parent, who probably is on well fare and spends all the money on scratch tickets and vodka probably had a profanity laced tirade where he or she told the principal how the kid was smarter than all of the teachers and that it was the teachers who were the problem, etc, etc.
    Wow... that's a harsh generalization! Poor kids are the only ones who act like that?? You need to seriously get out more.... We live in the ghetto... and I smile and wave to the poor ghetto kids... it's the rich latin school kids who skip school and throw rocks at our windows and slash our tires... "if they misbehave, their parent must be crackheads on welfare..." My three year old is a MONSTER and we are not on welfare... and I don't think I've ever even seen crack!

I don't think a classroom full of six year olds is where any of you want to be right now. And at the end of the day you'd be pulling your hair out over the moronic parents, not the raged up kids.
    As a former teacher... I agree... I quit teaching, not because of even the worst behaved kids... but the parents...
    Even if the school jumped the gun bringing in the police... the police went WAY too far in handcuffing and charging her with a felony.

My wife is a teacher and I can't do anything about the fact that almost all the kids who act like they are on crack are the kids who have parents who are lowlifes. RARELY does a kid from a good family act in a manner that is so bad it comes up at the dinner table. The kids who punch teachers, give death threats and are flat out crazy pretty much come from parents who are deadbeats.

I live in Maine, I'm not talking about no freaking ghetto. We don't have a ghetto anywhere in this state. I'm talking about white trash.

Supreme Jar Opener

My wife is a teacher and I can't do anything about the fact that almost all the kids who act like they are on crack are the kids who have parents who are lowlifes. RARELY does a kid from a good family act in a manner that is so bad it comes up at the dinner table.
    Wow... that's... I mean.. wow... is that really how most people feel? Wow.

I mean... wow...

Classism alive and well in Maine.

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thank you... I couldn't find a "mod friendly" way to say that...

Quote Originally Posted by zombielady View Post
    people only THINK they can't discipline their children... of course when do they have time? The problem is people are paying strangers to raise their kids so they can have a "Career"... and those strangers aren't allowed to discipline them... the parents are, they just don't because they aren't around **Puts away soap box**

Are you slighting working mothers?

Please expand what your saying here before I make a wrong assumption and throw a complete temper tantrum.
    Last edited by TeamCasey; 04-18-2007 at 11:45 AM.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

If I do throw a tantrum .... don't call the cops.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I'm gunna use this with my kids at school......."Hey....stop that.....do you want a felony????"

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Are you slighting working mothers?

Please expand what your saying here before I make a wrong assumption and throw a complete temper tantrum.
    No! Not the moms. Well, not all of them. A lot of us HAVE to work... I mean we have no choice. And the issue of career vs home should be my choice... I believe I should be at home, and I should have that right... right now I am at home, until my youngest starts school, but we are struggling to do that. And up until the Husband got a promotion, I didn't have that choice... I had to work, so we could make it...

Maybe I shouldn'a open this can of worms... That's just my opinion...But I, also, think that's only a fraction of the problem... I mean you have people who believe you will destroy a child's self esteem if you don't give in to every whim... and the fathers who don't care enough to be around... divorce is too easy... the moral fiber is deteriorating... the problem has many sources...

I guess the REAL problem is that people are more concerned with money than with each other...
    Last edited by zombielady; 04-18-2007 at 12:48 PM.

I'm talking about white trash.
    As someone whose family tree has roots partially planted in "white trash", I can tell you this term isn't a whole lot different than other racial and ethnic slurs.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    As someone whose family tree has roots partially planted in "white trash", I can tell you this term isn't a whole lot different than other racial and ethnic slurs.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielady View Post
    I mean you have people who believe you will destroy a child's self esteem if you don't give in to every whim...
    Anymore the mention of the world "self esteem" is enough to make me want to

Self esteem is not, nor should be the holy grail of raising children. And while you want your kids to have a good self image, it certinally doesn't come from carering to their every whim or bowing before the alter of self esteme.

Good self esteme is an outcome, or happy by-product. Not the goal.

Why haven't we created a kiddie-sized tazer gun yet?

Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Sorry but it is fact, at least here. The majority of the kids who are nut jobs have parental issues and in most of those cases, serious parental issues. Nobody is putting people in classes, it is simply an obvious observation through experience. It isn't how I feel. It is what I have seen and heard. When I was in school is was much the same. The kids who had serious issues had serious issues at home. In almost every case.

I'm not sure what makes it classism? I'm not making blanket statements. If you feel things are different where you are, I'd love to hear about it.

Oh well. I'm as white as it gets and this is the first I've heard of this. Just what is the politically correct term for these lowlifes?

Turn Off Ads?