Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

  1. #1
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    9,092

    Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    The rain out in St. Louis last night means that Milwaukee will shuffle Suppan up to Saturday, slide Sheets back to Sunday (he was supposed to pitch last night and had fully warmed up before the rains came) and will move Capuano to Monday night against the Reds. Part of the reason for the shifting according to Ned Yost on brewers.com? He wanted to take a chance to get Capuano into the Reds' series to deal with the lefty bats.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    60

    Re: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    So you're saying we miss Sheets?!?!?

  4. #3
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    The rain out in St. Louis last night means that Milwaukee will shuffle Suppan up to Saturday, slide Sheets back to Sunday (he was supposed to pitch last night and had fully warmed up before the rains came) and will move Capuano to Monday night against the Reds. Part of the reason for the shifting according to Ned Yost on brewers.com? He wanted to take a chance to get Capuano into the Reds' series to deal with the lefty bats.
    Just like last season...we get every lefty it seems.

  5. #4
    Brett William Moore Will M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crescent Springs KY
    Posts
    3,698

    Re: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Just like last season...we get every lefty it seems.
    The lefties should only be a problem for Jr and Hamilton.
    Jr was terrible vs lefties last year.

    Dunn hits lefties well.
    Conine plays 1B instead of Hat.
    Ross, Phillips, Gonzalez, EE & Freel all hit right handed.
    .

  6. #5
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Just like last season...we get every lefty it seems.
    Much rather face Capuano than Sheets.

  7. #6
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    The lefties should only be a problem for Jr and Hamilton.
    Jr was terrible vs lefties last year.

    Dunn hits lefties well.
    Conine plays 1B instead of Hat.
    Ross, Phillips, Gonzalez, EE & Freel all hit right handed.
    The reds didnt hit lefties well last year and this year Ross,Phillips and even EE are not swinging the bats well and Gonzo maybe gone for an extended period.
    Last edited by jmac; 04-14-2007 at 12:00 PM.

  8. #7
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Much rather face Capuano than Sheets.
    Certainly agree here.

  9. #8
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,966

    Re: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    Quote Originally Posted by RedWilly View Post
    So you're saying we miss Sheets?!?!?
    Sheets was never slated to face us in this series regardless of the rainout.

  10. #9
    Member LINEDRIVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,975

    Re: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    We will need to score at least 7 runs Monday to have a chance to win since Milton is pitching for us.

  11. #10
    Bada Bing cincy09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Zanesvegas, OH
    Posts
    1,484

    Re: Pitching Change for the Brewers in the Upcoming Series

    Quote Originally Posted by LINEDRIVER View Post
    We will need to score at least 7 runs Monday to have a chance to win since Milton is pitching for us.
    Doesn't it say something when we already have Monday chalked up as a loss.

    Milton gives us almost no shot of winning that game.
    2006 Redszone Prospect Draft - Johnny Cueto
    2007 Redszone Prospect Draft - Pedro Viola, Alexis Oliveras
    2007 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (27) Michael Burgess, Supp. (60) Wes Roemer, 2nd (92) Barry Enright, 3rd (122) Jonathan Bachanov
    2009 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (9) Shelby Miller, 2nd (58) Marc Krauss, 3rd (89) Daniel Fields


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25