Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No TV Broadcast the last 3 games!

No TV Broadcast the last 3 games!

Today's not televised, right?

Statistically, when Fox Cable announced they were broadcasting 144 games out of a 162 game schedule, you would think we'd get most of the games, right?
    So 2 of the last 3 games haven't been televised, which statistically is a huge whole in the lineup.

Do you think they are counting possible post season appearances in their totals?

And when Fox doesn't broadcast, nobody does. WGN had monkees on yesterday!

Oh well, maybe I'll mow my lawn in the rain
    Last edited by Rotater Cuff; 04-14-2007 at 08:46 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Re: No TV Broadcast the last 3 games!

This is the only time this entire season that two games in a row will not be televised in the local market.

I hate it too... but I am old enough (before cable!) to remember about 1 game per week on TV.

Bad couple of days... but a great year. In a TV sense.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

The biggest increase was the number of home games televised. Every home game is televised this season with the exception of all Thursday afternoon business day specials and one Sunday game in September. As for the post-season, those games would be televised nationally.

You'll never hear me complain about the television schedule. When I was a kid, you got road games only. The Reds would televise one or two games at home on a "TBA" basis. Also, nothing like turning on WGN or WTBS when the Cubs or Braves were in town, only to see that bright blue screen explaining the FCC Blackout regulations. It was a big event to watch them from Riverfront on the one or two occasions when Channel 5 would broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    The biggest increase was the number of home games televised. Every home game is televised this season with the exception of all Thursday afternoon business day specials and one Sunday game in September. As for the post-season, those games would be televised nationally.

You'll never hear me complain about the television schedule. When I was a kid, you got road games only. The Reds would televise one or two games at home on a "TBA" basis. Also, nothing like turning on WGN or WTBS when the Cubs or Braves were in town, only to see that bright blue screen explaining the FCC Blackout regulations. It was a big event to watch them from Riverfront on the one or two occasions when Channel 5 would broadcast.
    Word.

There are 162 games on the schedule. Last year we got 100 on TV. This year we have 145. I remember Bill Brown and Ray Lane giving us 40 games on TV. I can remember summers getting a special treat by staying up and watching the 10:00 games

This year, FOX is doing what NBC did in the 70's and 80's and giving us a game of the week on every Saturday of the baseball season.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    This year, FOX is doing what NBC did in the 70's and 80's and giving us a game of the week on every Saturday of the baseball season.
    And I do not have to suffer through Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek... who bugged me in my younger days. Kind of like George Grande does to many here. Those two never quit talking... yack, yack, yack, yack.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Word.

There are 162 games on the schedule. Last year we got 100 on TV. This year we have 145. I remember Bill Brown and Ray Lane giving us 40 games on TV.
    I wonder whatever happened to Ray Lane? I think Bill Brown is still broadcasting for a baseball team somewhere, but I hadn't heard Ray Lane's name in a while. Thanks for the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    And I do not have to suffer through Joe Garagiola and Tony Kubek... who bugged me in my younger days. Kind of like George Grande does to many here. Those two never quit talking... yack, yack, yack, yack.
    I remember Vin Scully and Tony Kubek together. I was ok with that one. They'd tell stories all game.

I also got Jack Buck and Tim McCarver planted in my brain thanks to 1990. Especially McCarver congratulating the Oakland A's..errr...the Cincinnati Reds for winning the World Series. I got so much Buck and McCarver, I swear Col. Potter and the Beaver were the broadcasters.

I wonder whatever happened to Ray Lane? I think Bill Brown is still broadcasting for a baseball team somewhere, but I hadn't heard Ray Lane's name in a while. Thanks for the memory.
    Bill Brown is in Houston.

I think Ray Lane has passed on.

Ken Wilson was still doing St. Louis Blues hockey.

We know about Thom Brennaman.

Jay Randolph did a year or so in the 80's with Johnny Bench.

Steve LaMarr went to Cleveland and he's gone.

George Grande's been here since 1993, I think.

There's your Reds TV Broadcast history from about 1978 on.

Bill Brown is in Houston.

Ken Wilson was still doing St. Louis Blues hockey.

We know about Thom Brennaman.

Jay Randolph did a year or so in the 80's with Johnny Bench.

Steve LaMarr went to Cleveland and he's gone.

George Grande's been here since 1993, I think.

There's your Reds TV Broadcast history from about 1978 on.
    Don't forget Steve Physioc!!!!

Jay Randolph, LOL. Always referred to homeplate as "the dish."

The reports of Ray Lane's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

http://www.crossandcrescent.com/2007...-sportscaster/

The reports of Ray Lane's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

http://www.crossandcrescent.com/2007...-sportscaster/
    I had just researched the same article. You've got my mind working this morning, Heath. Glad to see Lane's doing well.

You can't forget about Charlie Jones and Wes Parker in 1973 and Charlie Jones and Woody Woodward in 1974. As a kid, I was always frustrated by Jones' inability to say the word "second." "Rose slides headfirst, safely into "shecond" base." Drove me nuts. Anybody else remember that?
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Well yesterday and today I get both games thanks to Comcast Chicago and Dish network.
    "it took me back in time thru dwindling joy
    to when i was such a guilt ridden catholic boy
    im evangelical agnostic now"
    Happy New Year Todd Snider

Yours A ChampCar Fanatic And In The Home Of Champange Velvet Beer,

Andy K.

Terre Haute Brewing CO.

Don't forget Steve Physioc!!!!

Jay Randolph, LOL. Always referred to homeplate as "the dish."
    Steve Physioc is partially responsible for the annoying pre-game banter on the MLB 2k7. While the game is loading, you have to listen to Steve and Jeanne Zelasko do pre-game analysis. You know you're ready to play when Jeanne says "Thanks Steve."

I forget who he broadcasts for now. I think it used to be Milwaukee or Tampa Bay.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

It sucks for us outside of Cincinnati. You figure five games against the Cubs and you'd get more than Opening Day to be televised.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Turn Off Ads?