Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Posters

Reds Posters

I've noticed the old Reds posters sell for big bucks on eBay, particularly Rose and Bench. That begs the question as to why the Reds don't reprint those posters and sell them at their gift shop? I'd love to have the poster of Rose rounding the bases with Harrelson in the background. I have a Concepcion poster, mint condition and framed, hanging in my garage. Used to have Bench, Knight, Seaver, and Soto. No idea where they're at now, however.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Posters

i had concepcion and bench on my wall for years as a kid...sure wish i would have kept them

I would have to guess that they would reprint those posters if they could, but for some reason for either financial or legal reasons I would guess they cannot.

I have forever been looking for a team poster of the 1975 team. They are incredibly hard to find and I have no doubt there are others out there that would love to have one also.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 04-14-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    I've noticed the old Reds posters sell for big bucks on eBay, particularly Rose and Bench. That begs the question as to why the Reds don't reprint those posters and sell them at their gift shop? I'd love to have the poster of Rose rounding the bases with Harrelson in the background. I have a Concepcion poster, mint condition and framed, hanging in my garage. Used to have Bench, Knight, Seaver, and Soto. No idea where they're at now, however.
    I've wondered the same thing myself. Maybe no one feels that they would sell enough to make up for the license fees, etc. Even though the original throwbacks bring big money, a reproduction would probably fetch much less. I still can't see how they wouldn't be a very popular item, though.

I wish the Reds and Bengals would produce more throwback merchandise, with the Reds using the logo of the 70s and 80s and with the Bengals using the pre-1980 helmet with the block letters on the side. Reebok recently produced a cap with just the old Bengals helmet on it, but I have no idea how well they've sold.

Or how about a throwback Fathead? They have a Boomer Esiason Fathead available at http://www.fathead.com, so why not a Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, or Davey Concepcion fathead?
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Pete Rose can't be in a Reds uniform on anything related to MLB, so a Pete Rose Fathead is out of the question unless they were to get fancy with some photoshop touchups.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Pete Rose can't be in a Reds uniform on anything related to MLB, so a Pete Rose Fathead is out of the question unless they were to get fancy with some photoshop touchups.
    It looks like Fatheads are made from old photos, based on the Boomer Esiason fathead. As MLB doesn't have a problem selling autographed photos including Pete Rose, I don't see why MLB or Pete couldn't have a fathead made from an old photo of him diving into a base head first. Now would I want to purchase one? No. But I'm sure there are folks who would.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The Reds aren't even permitted to retire his number 14. In honor of Pete, the Reds made the number of bats sticking out of the top of the Pepsi Power Stacks to add up to 14. They put 7 on each stack. Interesting tidbit I learned while taking the GABP tour.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

2 years ago I was walking downtown and next to the Westin Hotel, there is this baseball card shop. I was looking at the posters and WOW....an origional Bench poster, and the 1976 team poster still in the wrap, thick with dust, 30 years old. I purchased them for $15 each.... A STEAL...

They had a Morgan,Foster, an Seaver posters as well...should of purchased them too

The Bench, and 1976 team poster is framed in my son's room.

I e-mailed Jonny's Bench's web master and asked him the question about the poster. He said they are the property of the photogapher, not Bench, Reds, or MLB.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

i think i have the wholle collection hanging in my bar
    1971 Bench
    1972 Tolan
    1972 Nolan
    1973 Bench
    1973 Morgan
    1974 Rose
    1975 Perez
    1976 Foster
    1977 Concepcion
    1977 1976 World Champs
    1978 Griffey
    1979 Seaver
    1980 Knight
    1982 Soto

These all have the Big White Lettering at the top
    the only one i am missing that i know of is the Pete Rose 3000 poster would love to buy one if someone had one for sale.
    I have a 1975 world Champions Poster but it isnt white lettered at the top,if there was one could someone post a pic of it

The best posters, IMO, were the late 60's SI posters. They hardly had any writing on them - it was full color and awesome.

I have three - a Chris Sabo, a Barry Larkin, and a '77 Bench SI reprint.

Good stuff. I collect pennants though. Thank goodness for a downstairs den.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Why did the Reds stop having Poster Days?

They should bring Poster Day back, with todays players.

I believe it would be as big a draw as Bobblehead give away games.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 04-14-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upsman View Post
    i think i have the wholle collection hanging in my bar
    1971 Bench
    1972 Tolan
    1972 Nolan
    1973 Bench
    1973 Morgan
    1974 Rose
    1975 Perez
    1976 Foster
    1977 Concepcion
    1977 1976 World Champs
    1978 Griffey
    1979 Seaver
    1980 Knight
    1982 Soto

These all have the Big White Lettering at the top
    the only one i am missing that i know of is the Pete Rose 3000 poster would love to buy one if someone had one for sale.
    I have a 1975 world Champions Poster but it isnt white lettered at the top,if there was one could someone post a pic of it
    That's awesome. I had, at one time, Bench '73, Seaver, Morgan, Knight, and Soto. You hardly ever see the Soto poster anywhere.

I have a mint condition Rose 3000 hit poster framed and hanging in my garage. You may be able to find one on eBay.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Why did the Reds stop having Poster Days?

They should bring Poster Day back, with todays players.

I believe it would be as big a draw as Bobblehead give away games.
    The Reds giveaways today do not compare to those back in the day. Bat day, batting glove day, helmet day, poster day, rain jacket day, etc. etc. etc.

I've noticed the giveaways today are geared toward all fans whereas the giveaways back then were targeted for the kids mostly.

If the Reds ever decided to have poster day again, it'd be cool if they used the same design as the old posters. Have the last name going across the top in big white letters.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    2 years ago I was walking downtown and next to the Westin Hotel, there is this baseball card shop. I was looking at the posters and WOW....an origional Bench poster, and the 1976 team poster still in the wrap, thick with dust, 30 years old. I purchased them for $15 each.... A STEAL...

They had a Morgan,Foster, an Seaver posters as well...should of purchased them too

The Bench, and 1976 team poster is framed in my son's room.
    I e-mailed Jonny's Bench's web master and asked him the question about the poster. He said they are the property of the photogapher, not Bench, Reds, or MLB.
    My son's room also has my old 1970's posters (Framed).

1976 Team
    Johnny Bench
    Pete Rose (3000 hits)
    Pete Rose (Black & White spring training poster / 1973)
    Dave Concepcion
    Tom Seaver

It is nice to step in and go back in time.

I also have a Ray Knight poster in the garage.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Turn Off Ads?