Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milton to Yankees?

Milton to Yankees?

Some of you may have just heard a caller to Sunday Morning Sports Talk regarding Eric Milton. She mentioned how the Yanks are down three pitchers right now and a good outing by Milton may intrigue The Boss. Good call and good point.

She also asked, "What's worse, having 3 catchers on the roster or having 2 DH's in the outfield?" What a great call!
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Milton to Yankees?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Some of you may have just heard a caller to Sunday Morning Sports Talk regarding Eric Milton. She mentioned how the Yanks are down three pitchers right now and a good outing by Milton may intrigue The Boss. Good call and good point.

She also asked, "What's worse, having 3 catchers on the roster or having 2 DH's in the outfield?" What a great call!

He may intrigue The Boss but Cashman isn't that dumb. Milton has zero trade value.

Milton doesn't have zero trade value, he has a negative trade value meaning to get anyone to take him we'd have to package him with someone good to get rid of him.

Considering this is the last year of his contract our only move to get rid of him would be to DFA him. I see Homer has given up one run in each of his first two starts, I don't see Milty making it past May.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I used to be a supporter of put Milton out there to up his value but now that I sit down and factor that he will never obtain even a PTBNL. I agree with UC_Ken.. Milton won't be a starter come May. Especially if Homer is putting up number like he is.

However.. I do noticed that Milton does throw a decent one to three innings. So when they think Bailey is ready and they can continue to skip Miltons start, I'd like to see them but the 9 million dollar man in the pen. Heck plug Saarloos in the rotation for now.

It's funny because the Yankees wanted Milton, and we outbid them for his services.

I have to agree with the earlier posts, he has negative value and we would have to pay his entire salary just to get rid of him.
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Pay his contract and accept nothing back and I still think we have trouble moving him.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    It's funny because the Yankees wanted Milton, and we outbid them for his services.

I have to agree with the earlier posts, he has negative value and we would have to pay his entire salary just to get rid of him.
    And the Yankees got Pavano as the booby prize.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

If I were the Reds I would pay his salary and let him pitch for the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    And the Yankees got Pavano as the booby prize.
    Pavano signed with the Yankees before Milton signed with Cincinnati.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    and give them Bubba Crosby and Chad Moeller
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    If the caller is referring to Adam Dunn, I beg to differ (especially this year so far) for reasons that have been hashed and rehashed.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

If I were the Red Sox, I'd pay his salary and let him pitch for the Yankees.
    Last edited by rotnoid; 04-15-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

If the Reds would be better off with a pitcher who's now in AAA on their roster than they would be with Milton, it seems to me like the Yankees would have a similar situation.
    /r/reds

There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

GOREDSGO32

I'dd take some equal lame duck acquisition from the Yankees to get rid of Milton, like a player who will be on the DL most of the year getting paid a crapload - but less than Milton - or an overpaid againg player.

Turn Off Ads?