Ryan Theriot 3B
    Jacque Jones RF
    Derrek Lee 1B
    Micheal Barrett C
    Cliff Floyd LF
    Ronny Cedeno 2B
    Ceasar Izturis SS
    Ted Lilly P
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Re: 4/15/07 Reds @ Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    The day this team moves Dunn to first base is the day this team takes a major step in the right direction!
    I would say "another" step. I count the handling of Milton and Jr to RF as steps also.I dont think Dunn would do it though.

More from C. Trent :

Jerry Narron said Alex Gonzalez could be back as soon as tomorrow. His son, Juan, will need surgery at some point, but he didn't have much more of an update than that.

Junior's ben surrounded by reporters today, which is appropriate, since he's responsible for much of the fanfare. He joked that he was hoping "the Cub faithful won't recognize me." My response was "good luck with that." He's got six of the No. 42 jerseys. None of htem have his name. In 97 when he wore 42, it had his name on the back. These don't. He's going to wear all six during the game, changing in the dugout like Superman or something. One will be auctioned off on MLB.com, another will be auctioned off at his charity golf tournament and one will be framed and he'll hang it up next to his No. 42 jersey from 97.
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

I dont really have the problem with the lineup. Hamilton not in there is not the problem. Until Edwin and Ross start to do something of use agaisnt lefties it wont matter if Hamilton is in there or where does is out in the field.

Someone tell Phillips he isn't Jose Canseco so stop swinging for the fences.
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Not having Hamilton in the line-up is horrible. He should start in center, Freel at 2nd, and Phillips at SS. If we can figure this out, why can't "a baseball guy" named Jerry Narron???
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I love the FSN guys in ties, and jackets. Very professional looking! I dig it

The lineup wasn't the problem yesterday, lack of hitting was.

You can mix that lineup up anyway you want, we weren't going to win that game.

Some days you get beat. You can't go back to the drawing board each time.

The day this team moves Dunn to first base is the day this team takes a major step in the right direction!

D. Lee has shown a couple of times in this series that a tall first baseman can save a lot of bad throws. Dunn may not like it, but it would have a great impact on this club offensively and defensively.
    Lee is a great fielder. Dunn? Not so much. I don't like the idea of every grounder on the IF depending on the worst defender on the team to complete the out. Guys who can't run anymore are fine at 1B, but guys who can't catch? Leave 'em in LF.

If you must move an OF to 1B the best option is Griffey. We know he can catch, but he just can't run.

Or play Freel at 3B and Move EE to 1B against a lefty.

On the other hand, as vocal as I was speaking out against the Conine acquisition, he's been one of the better hitters so far. I can't blame Narron for leaving him in there against a LH pitcher.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

So when are we going to fire Narron and hire a real manager?

D. Lee has shown a couple of times in this series that a tall first baseman can save a lot of bad throws. Dunn may not like it, but it would have a great impact on this club offensively and defensively.
    We've already tried moving Adam to 1st base and he's shown that:
    A) He just doesn't feel comfortable playing 1st
    or
    B) He's just lazy and doesn't want to learn.

It would be nice to move him there but we can't just move him there if hasn't really prepared to be moved there.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Dub View Post
    So when are we going to fire Narron and hire a real manager?
    After another losing season.

Cincy Red o5

LET'S GO REDS LET'S GO REDS LET'S GO REDS

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Not having Hamilton in the line-up is horrible. He should start in center, Freel at 2nd, and Phillips at SS. If we can figure this out, why can't "a baseball guy" named Jerry Narron???
    One possible reason would be that the "baseball guy" actually is right.

Freel at 2nd and Phillips at SS represents quite a downgrade at defense. And starts playing guys at postions they aren't entirely comfortable with.

Not saying I agree with him.

But it isn't out to lunch, and is probably the way most managers would go.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    One possible reason would be that the "baseball guy" actually is right.

Freel at 2nd and Phillips at SS represents quite a downgrade at defense. And starts playing guys at postions they aren't entirely comfortable with.

Not saying I agree with him.

But it isn't out to lunch, and is probably the way most managers would go.
    I agree. Why let everyone switch positions? Let's put Conine in left, Dunn at first, and Jr. play 3rd while we're at it. We're much better defensively where we're at right now.

Offensively. . . . .

Turn Off Ads?