Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lohse

Kyle Lohse

8 IP, 4 H, 1 BB, 0 R, 12 K's

I know he's caught quite a bit of heat from many here and no doubt he hasn't shown the consistency he should at times, but had anyone else actually ever watched him pitch? He has really good stuff and the fact that he was being aggressive not only with first pitch strikes, but going right after the top Cubs' hitters really showed me that he's got a lot of poise. He looked outstanding today.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: Kyle Lohse

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    8 IP, 4 H, 1 BB, 0 R, 12 K's

I know he's caught quite a bit of heat from many here and no doubt he hasn't shown the consistency he should at times, but had anyone else actually ever watched him pitch? He has really good stuff and the fact that he was being aggressive not only with first pitch strikes, but going right after the top Cubs' hitters really showed me that he's got a lot of poise. He looked outstanding today.
    everyone knew about the quality of his stuff but he plays head games with himself leading to his inconsistency.Today he knuckled down and pitched one hell of a game. 4 hits and 3 of those were to ryan thierot. Its looking good to be a reds fan this year

Lohse vs Pitt on 9/8/06: 7 innings, 7 hits, 1 walk, 1 run, 6 Ks.

The next 3 games: 11 1/3 innings total, 21 hits, 17 runs.

He's had success and looks excellent at times, but he's insanely inconsistent. That's his problem.

I've always heard that he had the stuff to do good things he just hasn't really put it together. This is a guy who's won 14 games before and had an ERA in the low 4's. He can be solid, let's just hope it continues.

That 2-seamer he's got really runs well. It was working for him quite well as a backdoor pitch against righties.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

He did a good job of keeping the ball down today and throwing first pitch strikes. Those two accomplishments usually add up to good things. Great job today.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

You know what might help Lohse concentrate this year? The insane prices paid for free agent pitchers last off-season. If he can launch himself on the mother of all contract drives and actually sting together a 175+ K season and an ERA under 4.00, he stands to collect cash by armored car this upcoming off-season from someone. Reds might very well benefit in the short term this season because of that...

He had an 8 inning 4 hit shutout vs the Lastros last season too...it was a great outing today but his career stats still show him as a bad pitcher. Hopefully he gets it and can keep it up.

I think he's good as gone, he'll get 10 mil a year easy by the Yankees

That's fine, I want him to come into his reward. If he puts together a monster year on a contract drive, good for him. And the Reds could benefit in the short term. I am NOT advocating locking him up, just hoping if he focuses and turns in a career year, that the Reds can take advantage of it in 2007...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    That's fine, I want him to come into his reward. If he puts together a monster year on a contract drive, good for him. And the Reds could benefit in the short term. I am NOT advocating locking him up, just hoping if he focuses and turns in a career year, that the Reds can take advantage of it in 2007...
    Meaning dealing him in July?

Either that, or, if the team is in it, letting the team ride him to the end and let him go in free agency. In that case, if he turns in a career year and they let him walk, they get a nice compensation pick in next year's draft, right? Either way, the team would benefit. So, on with a contract drive, Mr. Lohse. We are all pulling for you...

Can he be stopped?

He definitely benifitted from the big strike zone today, but you have to adapt in this game we call baseball, and Loshe did a good job adapting.

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    You know what might help Lohse concentrate this year? The insane prices paid for free agent pitchers last off-season. If he can launch himself on the mother of all contract drives and actually sting together a 175+ K season and an ERA under 4.00, he stands to collect cash by armored car this upcoming off-season from someone. Reds might very well benefit in the short term this season because of that...
    i doubt we will have loshe next year.

i could be wrong but next year i see our rotation as
    1)Aaron Harang
    2)Bronson Arroyo
    3)Homer Bailey
    4)Matt Belisle
    5)Elizardo Ramírez

color me with rose glasses but i think this would be a very good 1-5

Homer will be cheap along with Elizardo Ramírez and Matt Belisle

this will free up a new contract for adam dun i hope!

Right. I agree. I am NOT saying the Reds will HAVE Lohse next year. I was musing that IF he is focusing like he never has before because he is in his free agent walk year that the Reds might benefit. That's all.

Turn Off Ads?