Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reds Took Infield Today

The Reds Took Infield Today

From Fay's Blog:
    Unusual early session

Looks like the Reds had a mandatory early workout. There was the usual extra hitting and the like. But this was no typical early session.

They took fielding practice. Bucky Dent hit fungos into the gaps and corners, outfielders ran them and hit the cut-off guy. You usually only see that kind of stuff in spring training.

After the club took infield -- again a regular season rarity -- Jerry Narron called them all in. He talked to them for about five minutes around the pitcher's mound. Bucky Dent also spoke, as did David Weathers.

Desperate times, desperate measures and all that.

We'll see how much good it did starting at 7:10.
    I like it. It's not going to fix all the Reds' problems but it's something and if you're going to talk about doing things the right way, then practice doing things the right way. I think they should take fielding practice everyday, but that's just me.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: The Reds Took Infield Today

Took long enough - now do it all the time....

Maybe he'll institue a take sign too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

got alil captain in u?

good to hear hope this practice continues everyday it will help keep some of the young guys sharp on situations during the games

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    good to hear hope this practice continues everyday it will help keep some of the young guys sharp on situations during the games
    What young guys?
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Wow!!! Nothing can stop us now.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

They're fixed!! THEY'RE FIXED!!!!!

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    What young guys?
    refferring to hamilton hopper phillips

There's also this from an updated version of Fay's blog:

The session was unprecedented under Narron. The team had not done it once all of last year or this year. Judging from the body language not all the players were happy about it.
    While this is just one man's take on some players' body language, it is as I would've feared. The team is going to lead the league in errors, and when the manager implements extra fielding practice, some players aren't happy about it. Will this fix all the Reds problems? Of course not. Just like a pro golfer practicing his bunker play (fielding) won't cure any wayward drives (bullpen), it will help his game overall. And last I checked, that's not something to pout about.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Those who didn't like it should be glad Narron didn't make them do it on the off-day, too.
    /r/reds

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

They should have held a seminar on lineup construction instead.
    sorry we're boring

This move reeks of desperation. It reminds me of Miley taking away Dunn and Griffeys chairs a few years ago. Way too little and way too late.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Griffey just referred to the infield practice and team meeting as a "corporate outing" on Reds Live...he said they talked about "corporate things, like fundraising"...obviously Jr. did not take any of it seriously....looks like Narron is toast...

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Griffey just referred to the infield practice and team meeting as a "corporate outing" on Reds Live...he said they talked about "corporate things, like fundraising"...obviously Jr. did not take any of it seriously....looks like Narron is toast...
    Wow. Narron has lost the team.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    I very much doubt that Griffey did not take it seriously, he's just going to keep whatever was said in-house.

Turn Off Ads?