Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lohse

Re: Kyle Lohse

Let them (or some other team) shell out $10 million/year for his 4.75 ERA services.
    Age 23 -- 4.23 in 180 innings
    Age 24 -- 4.61 in 201 innings
    Age 26 -- 4.18 in 178 innings
    Age 27/28 (with Reds) -- 3.98 in 111 innings

Discount his 5.68 ERA in 90 innings as a 22 year-old, and I'm pretty sure you've got better than a 4.75 pitcher.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post

Discount his 5.68 ERA in 90 innings as a 22 year-old, and I'm pretty sure you've got better than a 4.75 pitcher.

The question, in my mind, isn't can Loshe be a quality starter - he probaly can that's what makes him a valuable trading chip for the Reds.

The question is can the Reds afford to gamble big $ on a guy who won't put them over the top this or probably next year and could implode and be an anchor for the lenght of any contract extention. If he would sign a Harang or Arroyo type extention the answer might be yes but I think he'll be looking for FA big bucks($10/yr for 4 years+).

If he's not willing to sign at a very reasonable cost, he's an asset the Reds need to cash in as soon as they can find a trade partner willing to pay the price.

If he's not willing to sign at a very reasonable cost, he's an asset the Reds need to cash in as soon as they can find a trade partner willing to pay the price.
    And I've been saying, 3 years, hometown discount. So we pretty much agree. However, I think it's unrealistic to expect the Reds will cut bait soon, even if they know they can't sign him. Castellini is about winning (and selling tickets), not about running up a white flag.

And I've been saying, 3 years, hometown discount. So we pretty much agree. However, I think it's unrealistic to expect the Reds will cut bait soon, even if they know they can't sign him. Castellini is about winning (and selling tickets), not about running up a white flag.

If BC shows us through his actions in the coming months that he's more interested in keeping a mediocre product on the field for attendance than doing the right thing to make us better for the future then a lot of the public venom for Narron and WK will start heading in his direction.

If he shows his true colors to be the same as Uncle Carl after he comes in running his mouth about winning he'll be skyrocketing to Mike Brown status in Cincy sports fans world and deservedly so.

It's not about a white flag.

It's about having a plan.

I just dont see Krivsky trading any good starting pitchers he has unless its impossible to re-sign them. How many of us thought he could or would resign Arroyo? I bet many of us thought Arroyo would be traded for prospects when the time came. Krivsky will do everything he can to resign Lohse if he proves himself on the field.

It's not about a white flag.

It's about having a plan.
    Sell that plan in your ticket-buying marketplace before summer has even started.

Age 25 -- 5.34 ERA in 194 innings.

Age 25 -- 5.34 ERA in 194 innings.
    What's your point?

What's your point?
    I just noticed you left out his age 25 season is all.

I just noticed you left out his age 25 season is all.
    Yeah. I also left out his 2006 innings in Minnesota. The point being that more often than not Lohse has been a sub 4.75 pitcher and at a young age.

Yeah. I also left out his 2006 innings in Minnesota. The point being that more often than not Lohse has been a sub 4.75 pitcher and at a young age.
    The stats do show that. He looks good for awhile and bad for awhile. Hopefully he's matured and turned the corner as a reliable starter.

Loshe has little future with the Reds. They already have given Arroyo and Harang signifigent coin in the future, they are developing Belisle and Bailey(though both are questionable admittably). Loshe could hit the FA market and get some good coin.

What the Reds need is a good lefty to fill out the rotation.

Loshe looks like trade deadline meat or draft pick giver which Krivsky craves.

He's got a career ERA of 4.79.

But whatever, we're picking nits...ERA isn't even how I would value him. He's a flyball pitcher who doesn't have high strikeout totals and puts a lot of guys on base...and is not a pitcher I would be investing big $$$ in.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    He's got a career ERA of 4.79.

But whatever, we're picking nits...ERA isn't even how I would value him. He's a flyball pitcher who doesn't have high strikeout totals and puts a lot of guys on base...and is not a pitcher I would be investing big $$$ in.
    Nor would I. His best value to the Reds may very well be as trade bait at the deadline, assuming he continues pitching well.

Turn Off Ads?