Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 170

Thread: Kyle Lohse

  1. #76
    go edwin
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    90

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'd take a duplication of any of those years, but even in 02 his FIP shows his results may have been a little lucky (BABIP of .287, the best of his career). Looking at the WHIP and HR numbers suggests a Miltonesque type of pitcher. A full year in Cincy when the weather warms up may prove it. I hope I'm wrong.
    hes had a really good half year combined his whole time here almost as good as harang
    :ede:

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,956

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'd take a duplication of any of those years, but even in 02 his FIP shows his results may have been a little lucky (BABIP of .287, the best of his career). Looking at the WHIP and HR numbers suggests a Miltonesque type of pitcher. A full year in Cincy when the weather warms up may prove it. I hope I'm wrong.

    Code:
    Season Team   K/9 BB/9 K/BB  HR/9  AVG  WHIP   BABIP LOB%  FIP 
    2004 Phillies 7.21 3.36 2.15 1.93 .257  1.35   .274 76.5 % 5.51 
    2005 Reds     5.94 2.51 2.37 1.93 .311  1.55   .329 64.6 % 5.62 
    2006 Reds     5.31 2.48 2.14 1.71 .275  1.34   .282 68.5 % 5.41

    Milton's HR rates the last 3 years are in the 1.80/9 range while Lohse is in the 1.20 range.

    Lohse has been a far better pitcher the last while and there is no valid comparison at this point. Plus he is actually showing signs of improving which seems to be something Milton is incapable of at this juncture in his career.
    Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 04-21-2007 at 02:31 PM.

  4. #78
    go edwin
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    90

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Code:
    Season Team   K/9 BB/9 K/BB HR/9 AVG WHIP BABIP LOB% FIP 
    2004 Phillies 7.21 3.36 2.15 1.93 .257 1.35 .274 76.5 % 5.51 
    2005 Reds 5.94 2.51 2.37 1.93 .311 1.55 .329 64.6 % 5.62 
    2006 Reds 5.31 2.48 2.14 1.71 .275 1.34 .282 68.5 % 5.41

    Milton's HR rates the last 3 years are in the 1.80/9 range while Lohse is in the 1.20 range.

    Lohse has been a far better pitcher the last while and there is no valid comparison at this point. Plus he is actually showing signs of improving which seems to be something Milton is incapable of at this juncture in his career.
    no1 is ever incapable of improving he might be getting just a little older but if his leg feels good he should do good out there
    :ede:

  5. #79
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,956

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamEncarnacion View Post
    no1 is ever incapable of improving he might be getting just a little older but if his leg feels good he should do good out there
    His leg hasn't been good in 3 years since his injury occurred. How long does it take for injuries to heel?

  6. #80
    go edwin
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    90

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    His leg hasn't been good in 3 years since his injury occurred. How long does it take for injuries to heel?
    along time if they dont get fixed properly but he hasnt extremely bad this year he do better sure but he has a lot of strike oust and not too many hits given up.
    :ede:

  7. #81
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Code:
    Season Team   K/9 BB/9 K/BB  HR/9  AVG  WHIP   BABIP LOB%  FIP 
    2004 Phillies 7.21 3.36 2.15 1.93 .257  1.35   .274 76.5 % 5.51 
    2005 Reds     5.94 2.51 2.37 1.93 .311  1.55   .329 64.6 % 5.62 
    2006 Reds     5.31 2.48 2.14 1.71 .275  1.34   .282 68.5 % 5.41

    Milton's HR rates the last 3 years are in the 1.80/9 range while Lohse is in the 1.20 range.

    Lohse has been a far better pitcher the last while and there is no valid comparison at this point. Plus he is actually showing signs of improving which seems to be something Milton is incapable of at this juncture in his career.

    But Lohse wasn't pitching in Philly or Cincy. I think his HR numbers would have been higher.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  8. #82
    One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,956

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    But Lohse wasn't pitching in Philly or Cincy. I think his HR numbers would have been higher.
    The Metrodome and being in the AL didn't exactly make his life a hitter's paradise.

    His HR numbers would probably have been incrementally higher if he was in Cicny during his career, but there would still be a massive .40 -.50 HR/9 difference.
    Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 04-21-2007 at 03:39 PM.

  9. #83
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    The Metrodome and being in the AL didn't exactly make his life a hitter's paradise.

    His HR numbers would probably have been incrementally higher if he was iun Cicny during his career, but there would still be a massive .40 -.50 HR/9 difference.
    You're probably right. 1.4 or 1.5 HR per nine isn't 1.8 or so, but its still high and the point is that lots of HR coupled with lots of baserunners is a combination that doesn't suggest success in a park that encourages HR. I think Lohse could be a good starter in San Diego or Seattle. But even Milton would be better there. So would just about every pitcher. As I said earlier, if he puts his 2007 types of numbers up for another few weeks after the weather has warmed, I'll buy in.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  10. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    441

    Re: Kyle Lohse


  11. #85
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,569

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    As I said much earlier and many days ago in this thread, never underestimate the contract drive in a free agent walk year. Never.
    You know, I understand the logic behind guys trying to perform well when they stand a chance to earn money, but the part of it that upsets me is that guys should always be playing at their best no matter what, that's what my job expects of me, and I'm sure most of our employers expect that out of us. Work ethic is a beautiful thing.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  12. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Kyle Lohse has said he is open to an extension. I think Krivsky should try to get it done if he keeps giving us quality starts.

  13. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,847

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Kyle Lohse has said he is open to an extension. I think Krivsky should try to get it done if he keeps giving us quality starts.
    He has looked sharp this year, but I think if his value continues to climb he becomes a very valuable trading piece come the deadline...

  14. #88
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,569

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    He has looked sharp this year, but I think if his value continues to climb he becomes a very valuable trading piece come the deadline...
    Wouldn't he be even more valuable if he's signed to a reasonably priced contract extension?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  15. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,847

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Wouldn't he be even more valuable if he's signed to a reasonably priced contract extension?
    Perhaps, but it could be risky. I'm also not sure the Reds could get him for a reasonable extension with Borris and the fact that he was already (at least according to most) already been overpaid for this year.
    Last edited by fearofpopvol1; 04-29-2007 at 07:25 PM.

  16. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: Kyle Lohse

    Lets see what Lohse considers a reasonable extension. We could always use a good quality starter.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25