Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2006 Draft looks better......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2006 Draft looks better......

10 Days into the minor league season, the 2006 draft looks a lot better than it did in the offseason.

Previously, you could make a pretty good argument that 3 out of first 4 picks were disapointments.

Stubbs hit pretty poorly at Billings
    Watson was a reliever that was getting hit at Dayton
    Valakai was great
    Justin Reed had disapointing GCL.

But there were very interesting successes in lower rounds.

Now, Stubbs is hitting .357 at Dayton
    Watson is a starter with a 1.80
    Valakia still great at .360
    Reed in extended Spring Training.

So 3 out of 4 looking good. And most of the interesting successes are still doing well.

Dorn (32) and Logan (12) are 2 guys not doing well yet. But Lutz (19) has jumped to AA and has a 1.59 ERA, Kainer (14) is back from Kidney transplant and should start at Billings. Jordan Smith (6) has 1.80 ERA, Justin Turner (7).273, Travis Webb (8) 2.70 ERA, Roenicke (10) has jumped 2 levels and is the closer for Sarasota with 1.59 ERA.

Arneson (16) 0.00 ERA, Heisey (17) .348 and 2 catchers Rodriguez (20) .286 and Esquer (24) .308, Louwsma (29) .462
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2006 Draft looks better......

For how bad Parker is hitting, he has an OBP over .353 thanks to a whole bunch of walks.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

As much as I've railed on Stubbs - I would love nothing more to be proved wrong and him to turn out to be a stud. Still a little early, but Buckley had success in Toronto churning out usable players. Never quite had that stud breakout star, but having usable pieces ready for promotion is a huge step in the right direction for the Reds. If they can use that and add in a Jay Bruce from time to time, the system will be looking excellent.

Even with the small sample size, Stubbs' one extra basehit this year concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie_Free View Post
    Even with the small sample size, Stubbs' one extra basehit this year concerns me.
    Not me. He's playing with a very sore turf toe, which would prevent him from stretching many singles into doubles. He can still hit well for average, but a turf toe will rob you of an initial burst out of the box, preventing doubles and triples. That's just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    10 Days into the minor league season ...
    small sample size. These guys are old for Low A ball. They are off to a decent start, they need to keep it up and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    small sample size. These guys are old for Low A ball. They are off to a decent start, they need to keep it up and move on.

Turn Off Ads?