I was at both the Saturday and Sunday Games at Wrigley. On Saturday I drank way to much, so I don't really have much to add. BUT I was then not in the mood to drink for Sundays game and paid better attention. Here are my questions from the weekend:
1. Saturday Game - Was the game thread flipping out when they IBB Ward to get to Soriano? I can only imagine.
2. Sundays Game - from my seats it looked like the Ump had a pretty pitcher generous strike zone, was that the case? I haven't seen that many looking Ks in a long time.
3. Both games the wind was blowing in pretty good, on Saturday only Dunn would've been able to take one for a ride. I would say that there were a handful of pop ups that would've gone out if the wind was blowing out, or not blowing in so hard.
4. Lohse - 114 pitches seemed like a lot in mid april.
5. Hamilton - he didn't look comfortable at the plate.
6. Ross - He looked abysmal at the plate.
7. Wuertz completely owned the Reds.