Turn Off Ads?

Thread: So far Krivsky's other options are no better

So far Krivsky's other options are no better

...for filling out the everyday lineup than the current guys he signed up this offseason.

1. Decision to extend Ross or cut bait with Larue and cash.

Ross is horid thus far but Larue is nearly equally as bad.

Larue .136BA .167OBP .273SLG
    Ross .083BA .077BA .083Slg

2. RH bats for platoon and bench. Decisions were between Conine, Craig Wilson and possibly Rich Aurillia.

Craig Wilson .143BA .280OBP .143SLG
    Rich Aurillia .324BA .375OBP .405SLG
    Conine .333BA .385OBP .625SLG

3. Decision was to go with Gonzo vs. Izturis vs. Lugo (Assuming Lopez is not an everyday SS)

LUGO .316BA .340OBP 402SLG
    Izturis .259BA .294OBP .336SLG
    Gonzo .313BA .361OBP .344SLG

I would argue Hamilton was a suprise that knocked out guys like Crosby, etc.. for an additional OF spot that we better thank our lucky stars or the offense would be worse.

All in all, we have a tepid offense, but I don't see any names that we were possibly looking to fill out the remaining roster that would have improved the situation. Until we get better production out of the meat of the offense besides Dunn, we'll continue to struggle much. EE and Griff simply have to be bigtime or we're in a bad spot.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Yay!

Re: So far Krivsky's other options are no better

It's way too early to be drawing any conclusions.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

It is very early. But I cant get over how horrible David Ross looks at every AB. I know I didnt expect him to continue what he was doing last year, but my god, lets get that average above .150.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    It is very early. But I cant get over how horrible David Ross looks at every AB. I know I didnt expect him to continue what he was doing last year, but my god, lets get that average above .150.
    He didn't even hit in the spring. I have a very bad feeling about his bat this season.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect Gonzo to hit that well all season

Conine might end up exceeding my expectations though.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I don't think LaRue has had nearly the number of ABs that Ross has.

Also, he's in a new league this year. May take him a bit of getting used to.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

It is very early for all of these guys...outside of Conine vs. Craig Wilson...I see our signings perfoming equal to if not superior to the alternatives that were most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post

Larue has 23 plate appearances, Ross has 24.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post

LaRue is 3 for 22 with 8Ks. Ross is 2 for 24 with 12 Ks.

Felipe Lopez .240/.309/.280
    Austin Kearns .255/.314/.383

Hardly tearing it up either.

Frankly, I'm glad we're not paying those guys big bucks to play for the REDS this year.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

its way too early to bring any kinda of statistics into play. In order for statistics to make sense you need a large sample size..... 2 weeks is nowhere close to that.

I would also like to point out the differences in the way the pitchers have performed with Ross compared to LaRue. When LaRue started to take over the everday job from E.T. in the 2000 season that when our pitchers really started to go downhill. In '99 the pitchers did a good job (expecially the bullpen). All of a sudden last year when Ross and Valentine saw more time than LaRue our pitchers were performing better. LaRue somehow got a tag of being able to work with pitchers and being a good defensive catcher..... he was anything but that. A catcher needs much more than an arm to be a good defensive catcher. Compare corner pitches for example.... Ross does a GREAT job of keeping his glove still and not having ANY movement away from the plate. LaRue's glove would often tail away from the plate.... giving the pitcher no chance for calls on the black.

Also I dont know if Ross can hit like he did last year but hes definately a better hitter than he is showing now.... he'll come out of it atleast a bit and as long as our pitchers are doing well I could care less.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I think the sample size discussions are a bit redundant due to the thread having "So far" in the title.

And then there is the whole pitching thing.......
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldn’t do it." - Brad Kullman

Turn Off Ads?