Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting at Va Tech. 33 Dead, 15 Injured [reportedly]

Re: Mass Shooting at Va Tech. 33 Dead, 28 Injured [reportedly]

Do we really want "resident legal aliens" running around with guns?

I'm in the NRA and about as pro-gun ownership as anybody, but that just seems nuts to me. What could a resident legal alien possibly need with a 9 mm handgun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Honestly?

I don't think anyone wants to belive that a nut like this had friends, family or loved ones...then he would be "like us".

Just the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post. Love to hear other answers!

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    That means he was here legally.
    Thanks. I read another article stating he was a permanent legal resident of the U.S.

I'd have to agree TD, people just don't want to think that this could be anyone. If they were "loners", then it sounds like people couldn't have helped him, if that makes sense. Has this guy been described as a loner? I haven't heard that.

What is the difference? He is a legal resident of the US. We have members of our military that are from other countries...should they not be allowed to carry guns either? I'm just asking...

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Do we really want "resident legal aliens" running around with guns?

I'm in the NRA and about as pro-gun ownership as anybody, but that just seems nuts to me. What could a resident legal alien possibly need with a 9 mm handgun?

Not making a statement one way or another about gun control but if you want a gun bad enough, you can get it no matter what your residency status is.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn View Post
    What is the difference? He is a legal resident of the US. We have members of our military that are from other countries...should they not be allowed to carry guns either? I'm just asking...
    I think that's a privilege that should be reserved for U.S. citizens.

"Legal residents" aren't allowed to serve in our armed forces, you've got to be a U.S. citizen.

For U.S. citizens, wherever their origin, of course, they should have the same gun ownership rights as anyone else, IMO.

If you're not a U.S. citizen, however, I don't think you should be possessing a gun within this country.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

In one of the news conferences they labeled him a "loner" and that they were having a difficult time finding out things about him because of that.

It could also be no one wants to admit they are friends with him!

True, anyone can buy a gun on the streets...sadly it will probably be sold by a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Not making a statement one way or another about gun control but if you want a gun bad enough, you can get it no matter what your residency status is.
    That's certainly true, but I think allowing ANYONE to legally purchase a firearm within our borders without possessing U.S. citizenship is horrible policy.

"Legal residents" aren't allowed to serve in our armed forces, you've got to be a U.S. citizen.
    Actually, they are. You do not need to be a U.S. citizen to serve in the military.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Actually, they are. You do not need to be a U.S. citizen to serve in the military.
    Whoops! Oh really?!? Wow, I had no clue. Thanks for the edification.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    What sort of classification do you need?

I'm trying to find something definitive but I'm having no luck. I'm thinking you just need to be a legal immigrant, like this guy was.

That's certainly true, but I think allowing ANYONE to legally purchase a firearm within our borders without possessing U.S. citizenship is horrible policy.

But stopping non-citizens from purchasing firearms isn't going to stop something like this. This isn't an Asian problem or a immigration problem. It could have been any disgruntled person who was born and raised here just like the Columbine massacre.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

You must have entered the United States on a permanent residence visa or have an Alien Registration Card. You also have to have a permanent residence in the United States.

Can't reenlist either unless you become a US citizen during your first term.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?