Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Star QB to be injured is....

Next Star QB to be injured is....

All you Titan fans out there I am very sorry for your loss. Vince Young will be on the cover of Madden 2008 and with that will come a devestating injury that will no doubt ruin your season. All kidding aside though it is pretty neat for such a young guy in your organization to be so highly thought of this quickly . As a Bengals fan I'm just glad it wasn't Carson on there.

http://www.benmaller.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Next Star QB to be injured is....

They picked a mobile quarterback to be on the cover? It's almost as if they're trying to pick people who are practically guaranteed to get injured.

I guess Peyton Manning refused? Vince is up and coming, but c'mon he isn't even a top 10 QB in my opinion.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Vince is up and coming, but c'mon he isn't even a top 10 QB in my opinion.
    He's awfully good to be so young. Time will tell, but I like him. He could improve the arm, of course, but I think he'll be better than Vick.

The only thing I saw was that he won games. Didn't he have like the same amount of INT compared to TDs?

He's marketable to the key demographics. That's why he's on the cover.

Glad it's not Chad. :fineprint

A bit early for Vince to be on a Madden cover IMO - hasn't proved anything in the NFL yet.

I like him too though and will enjoy watching him on Sundays. I don't think Carson, who has 2 Pro Bowl appearances already, has even gotten a cover yet?

Then again they put Vick on there, the most overrated QB in modern history, so it's not a suprise.

I just don't care for QB's in the NFL who have to rely on scrambling ability to make up for their lack of passing skills - they get hurt, have shortened careers, and are inconsistent.

Hopefully Vince can overcome that and force defenses to respect his arm.

For a Level Playing Field

You are only as good as your offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    You are only as good as your offensive line.
    Someone please remind the Bengals' of that - as they need at least 2 upgrades in that area IMO...ecspecially a Center.

[QUOTE=CrackerJack;1307887]
    Then again they put Vick on there, the most overrated QB in modern history, so it's not a suprise.
    QUOTE]

That's the pattern, big mobile QB's seem to be winning the majority of the covers there. Young only adds to the list that already includes Vick and Culpepper.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Interesting tidbit: LaDainian Tomlinson refused the cover for the 200k offered.

Not enough cash?.... or was there an ulterior motive behind his refusal?

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    A bit early for Vince to be on a Madden cover IMO - hasn't proved anything in the NFL yet.

I like him too though and will enjoy watching him on Sundays. I don't think Carson, who has 2 Pro Bowl appearances already, has even gotten a cover yet?

I just don't care for QB's in the NFL who have to rely on scrambling ability to make up for their lack of passing skills - they get hurt, have shortened careers, and are inconsistent.

Carson was on one of the NCAA Football's.

Out of curiosity, has anybody heard anything about the new Madden. Any new features etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Interesting tidbit: LaDainian Tomlinson refused the cover for the 200k offered.

Not enough cash?.... or was there an ulterior motive behind his refusal?
    Didn't feel like tearing a hammy/breaking an arm/being struck by a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post

I am a huge Titans fan and thought Young proved a lot last year. As a rookie, he took a team and put them on his back and turned there season around. He is not what I would consider a ruuning quarterback, like Vick. I think Young is a good overall quarterback that just happens to be able to run when he needs to.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

If the Browns draft Quinn, he's your top candidate. Bad OL and bad Browns luck will seal it.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?