Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 NFL Draft

Re: 2007 NFL Draft

I'm a huge ohio state fan, and i wouldn't be disappointed with the selection of Teddy, but i think it may be in the best interest of the bengals to take defense. I don't think Ginn will be great in the NFL, but i think he has the potential to be a gamebreaker, if that makes sense.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I'm a huge ohio state fan, and i wouldn't be disappointed with the selection of Teddy, but i think it may be in the best interest of the bengals to take defense. I don't think Ginn will be great in the NFL, but i think he has the potential to be a gamebreaker, if that makes sense.
    Any player that is in the spotlight as much as Ginn will get downgraded a little bit. Everybody has something to nitpick about him and slowly word becomes gospel. Sorta like the no hands thing.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

But taking Ginn w/ 18? Lets just suppose he's still there, what chance does he have to be an impact player? A good returner, sure, but getting on the field for any real PT is just something the Bengals can't offer. This is just pre draft hub-bub to get a better shot at someone they really want.

The week before the draft, you can tell when GMs are blowing smoke: their lips move.
    Witty signature.

Is Jeff Smith the Georgetown College QB going to get drafted?

Don't see many players from my alma mater on draft boards very often.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I think if the Browns don't take Joe Thomas they are making a mistake.

They can get a runner in round 2, and possibly Smith in the third.

I would be pleased with the Browns if they got Joe Thomas and Troy Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I think that having a healthy Ted Ginn Jr. returning kicks and filling the role of Chris Henry would be sick.

The Browns need to take Brady Quinn. Can't wait to see the Bengals punish him next season.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    The Browns need to take Brady Quinn. Can't wait to see the Bengals punish him next season.
    Especially with "My Guy" Lawrence Timmons doing the punishing

Mumbling, mumblings. Oakland will reportedly NOT take JeMarcus Russell with the 1st pick. I think this is a smokescreen personally, but what the suits at ESPN radio say is that they either have deal in place to trade down, or will pick Calvin Johnson.

Oh The drama!

Draft Day, it's gorgeousness and gorgasity.
    Witty signature.

[QUOTE=sonny;1322250]Mumbling, mumblings. Oakland will reportedly NOT take JeMarcus Russell with the 1st pick. I think this is a smokescreen personally, but what the suits at ESPN radio say is that they either have deal in place to trade down, or will pick Calvin Johnson.QUOTE]

Let the fun begin..... Now ESPN.com is reporting that Oakland has decided to take Russell w/ the first pick. Still two more hours to go though so things could change.

Man, so they'll change their minds another 25 times. IMO, Russell will be a serviceable but not an impact QB in the NFL
    Witty signature.

You guys think baseball scouts and GM's are dumb? JaMarcus Russel as the first pick is amazing.

The guy was a late first day pick and after two good games he makes 90 million. He has a slow release and never played in a pro system. He also had the fastest set of WR's in the history of college football.

I wouldn't have taken him in the second round.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Joe Thomas it is.

Great pick Cleveland. They have done a very good job rebuilding the O-Line this offseason.

Now if they would take a RB with round 2, and can get Troy Smith in the third I would be absolutely thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I "eagerly" await my Tampa Bay Buccaneers drafting Calvin Johnson so that Jeff Garcia can have a great WR to underthrow this season.
    Hooray for the Lions
    Go Gators!

what is lapham saying re: the Bengals?? Man I wish I was in Cincy right now...

great pick for the Brownies
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?