Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 NFL Draft

Re: 2007 NFL Draft

Over the last 5 years or so I have learned that Dave Lapham should be listened to heading up to the draft. He doesn't say that the Bengals are going to draft so and so. What he does do is bring up names that end either getting picked by Cincy or are actually their most desired player. This morning he was on Sunday Morning Sportstalk, on WLW. He talked about Landry the SS from LSU, being a good first pick that the Bengals would love to have but probably won't get, and that Zach Miller the TE from Arizona State would be a good second round pick. The other thing though was that he talked about Ted Ginn Jr alot as a reciever to stretch the field while Henry is on suspension, and how good of a kick returner he is. I worry that they would actually take Ginn as a wide reciever.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Over the last 5 years or so I have learned that Dave Lapham should be listened to heading up to the draft. He doesn't say that the Bengals are going to draft so and so. What he does do is bring up names that end either getting picked by Cincy or are actually their most desired player. This morning he was on Sunday Morning Sportstalk, on WLW. He talked about Landry the SS from LSU, being a good first pick that the Bengals would love to have but probably won't get, and that Zach Miller the TE from Arizona State would be a good second round pick. The other thing though was that he talked about Ted Ginn Jr alot as a reciever to stretch the field while Henry is on suspension, and how good of a kick returner he is. I worry that they would actually take Ginn as a wide reciever.
    The Bengals should take Ginn if he's there. They badly need a special teams playmaker and he's going to be a damn good WR. He's got great hands and he's still got a ton of room to grow. I'd say with only 3 years experience at the FL position he has shown he will be a damn good one at the next level.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I guess us poor Colts fans wont be able to pick till very last this year, just a damn shame.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I "eagerly" await my Tampa Bay Buccaneers drafting Calvin Johnson so that Jeff Garcia can have a great WR to underthrow this season.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

My Bengals Mock Draft as I would like to see things fall

1st-Lawrence Timmons OLB Florida State University 6'3'' 232 lbs.

2nd-Usama Young CB Kent State University 5'11 192 lbs.

4th-Keith Jackson (whoa..nellie) DT Arkansas 6' 303 lbs

5th-Zach Catanese S Arizona State 6'2 220 lbs

6th-Michael Allen TE Whitworth 6'6 252 lbs.

7th(a)-George Batiste OG Southern Miss 6'5 311 lbs

7th(b)-Ryan Moore WR Miami 6'3'' 231

I will post my thoughts later on tonight (stupid Sociology homework)

Here is my mock for the first round of the NFL Draft. Enjoy

1.Oakland-JaMarcus Russell(QB-LSU)
    2.Tampa Bay(from Detroit)-Calvin Johnson(WR-Georgia Tech)
    3.Cleveland-Brady Quinn(QB-Notre Dame)
    4.Detroit(from TB)-Joe Thomas(OT-Wisconsin)
    5.Arizona-Gaines Adams(DE-Clemson)
    6.Washington-Amobi Okoye(DT-Louisville)
    7.Minnesota-Adrian Peterson(RB-Oklahoma)
    8.Atlanta-LaRon Landry(S-LSU)
    9.Miami-Leon Hall(CB-Michigan)
    10.Houston-Levi Brown(OT-Penn St)
    11.San Francisco-Adam Carriker(DE-Penn St)
    12.Buffalo-Marshawn Lynch(RB-Cal)
    13.St Louis-Jamaal Anderson(DE-Arkansas)
    14.Carolina-Greg Olsen(TE-Miami)
    15.Pittsburgh-Darelle Revis(CB-Pitt)
    16.Green Bay-Reggie Nelson(S-Florida)
    17.Jacksonville-Jarvis Moss(DE-Florida)
    18.Cincinnati-Alan Branch(DT-Michigan)
    19.Tennessee-Ted Ginn(WR-Ohio St)
    20.NY Giants-Patrick Willis(LB-Ole Miss)
    21.Denver-Robert Meachem(WR-Tennessee)
    22.Dallas-Joe Staley(OT-CMU)
    23.Kansas City-Dwayne Bowe(WR-LSU)
    24.New England-Paul Posluzny(LB-Penn St)
    25.NY Jets-Chris Houston(CB-Arkansas)
    26.Philadelphia-Dwayne Jarrett(WR-USC)
    27.New Orleans-Jon Beason(LB-Miami)
    28.New England-Michael Griffin(S-Texas)
    29.Baltimore-Lawrence Timmons(LB-Florida St)
    30.San Diego-Sidney Rice(WR-South Carolina)
    31.Chicago-Justin Blalock(G-Texas)
    32.Indianapolis-Justin Harrell(DT-Tennessee)

*Tampa trades no 4 overall pick and a third rounder for the no 2 overall pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

As a Bengals fan, my dream scenerio would be Patrick Willis, but I don't see him getting past Buffalo. That said, outside of a trade down (unlikely) I would target Reggie Nelson with pick #18. I think he is the type of ball hawking FS that has the potential to turn into a special player.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    As a Bengals fan, my dream scenerio would be Patrick Willis, but I don't see him getting past Buffalo. That said, outside of a trade down (unlikely) I would target Reggie Nelson with pick #18. I think he is the type of ball hawking FS that has the potential to turn into a special player.
    The knock on Nelson is his size, the Bengals scheme doesn't call for a Free or Strong Safety. They require both players to be adequate in both run support and pass coverage. That is why the safety position has been a train wreck for several years. Lack of depth, Kevin Kaesverharn couldn't tackle anyone, when he was called on, decent cover guy, zero contribution in run support.

I liked Keith Jackson during the season, what is his wrap?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    I think this is a draft where you really can't go wrong if you take Willis, Branch, or one of the three corners.

I have the Bills taking Marshawn Lynch given the McGahee trade, but they could opt for Willis.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Word on the street is Branch has stress fractures in both of his legs. If true, he may fall out of the first round. I like the Bengals to take the best DB available between Leon Hall, Darelle Revis, and Reggie Nelson in the 1st round.

In the 2nd round, I really want David Harris, the MLB from Michigan, but I'd take Justin Harrell (DT-Tennessee) as a consolation.

Taking Ginn in the 1st round would be the Jim Bowden move- adding more extraneous offense while ignoring defense (pitching). In other words, I wouldn't like it.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Word on the street is Branch has stress fractures in both of his legs. If true, he may fall out of the first round. I like the Bengals to take the best DB available between Leon Hall, Darelle Revis, and Reggie Nelson in the 1st round.

In the 2nd round, I really want David Harris, the MLB from Michigan, but I'd take Justin Harrell (DT-Tennessee) as a consolation.

Taking Ginn in the 1st round would be the Jim Bowden move- adding more extraneous offense while ignoring defense (pitching). In other words, I wouldn't like it.
    Completely agree on all counts. If the Bengals draft Ginn in the first round and ignore the defensive side of the ball, they're clueless.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Completely agree on all counts. If the Bengals draft Ginn in the first round and ignore the defensive side of the ball, they're clueless.
    I think the real interesting thing to watch will be how many defensive players are gone before #18. If there is a large run on defensive players, I'm not sure Marvin and the Bengals won't take the top rated player on their board, offense or defense. If they feel drafting a guy like Branch at #18 is a reach based on their percieved value of him, I could see them taking a Jarrett, Ginn, OL, or TE.

Just think, the offense is one injury away from having Chatman or Tab Perry as a #2 receiver for at least half of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Maybe the Bengals can take Steve Breaston in the fourth round or something.

You don't pass up on elite level playmakers because you want a Leon Hall type CB. The few times he got tested by elite talent he got DOMINATED. He's not got great top speed and he doesn't have great hips.
    At the Bengals slot I'm hoping for Nelson, Harrell, Ginn, or Moss.
    Last edited by Cedric; 04-23-2007 at 06:23 PM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Maybe the Bengals can take Steve Breaston in the fourth round or something.

You don't pass up on elite level playmakers because you want a Leon Hall type CB. The few times he got tested by elite talent he got DOMINATED. He's not got great top speed and he doesn't have great hips.
    At the Bengals slot I'm hoping for Nelson, Harrell, Ginn, or Moss.

I agree re: Leon Hall's shortcomings, but I don't think it will matter because i think he will be gone by 18. I really want Revis or Nelson. When it comes to the Bengals, I actually don't have a Michigan bias (I was disgusted when we took Chris Perry over Stephen Jackson in '04), I just think Harris will not only be the best pro of this year's Wolvernes, but he's the best fit for the Bengals as well. I think Harrell and Moss would both be reaches at 18- I'd rather hope for one of them to fall to us in the second round. Like I said before, Ginn is a Bowden pick.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    The Bengals should take Ginn if he's there. They badly need a special teams playmaker and he's going to be a damn good WR. He's got great hands and he's still got a ton of room to grow. I'd say with only 3 years experience at the FL position he has shown he will be a damn good one at the next level.
    I was lobbying for the Bengals to pass on Chris Gamble when they took Chris Perry, so that shows how much I know.

However, the last thing the Bengals need right now on day one is offense, especially at wideout. If the Bengals draft Ginn, then once Henry gets back, Ginn becomes the fourth wideout. Not to mention the first round is WAY too high to draft a special teams player.

Anything that isnt a linebacker, defensive back, or defensive lineman will be a sure disappointment.

Turn Off Ads?