I was reading the “Game Thread Forum A Mess” Thread on ORG and thought I would try to contribute a little. I think if these simple rules / suggestions could be included either as a sticky in the Game Thread Forum or in each individual game thread, it would be quite beneficial. Please review and contribute anything that you feel necessary:
1) This thread is for current game info only. Please resist posting off topic items here. If you feel the need to post something that is not directly related to this game, do so in the Reds Live or Old Reds Guard (ORG) Forum.
2) The first post of each game thread should be the line-ups for that nights game. If only the Reds line-up is available, the opponents line-up should be added to that first post as soon as possible.
3) Use this Forum as a means for commentary on the game. Commentary DOES NOT include “so-and-so sucks”. That is unintelligent and a waste of thread space. If you are not a fan of a player or don't agree with a managerial decision. Please at least take the time to explain why and make sure that it is relavent to the game being discussed. There are plenty of threads in other areas where you can discuss why you don't like Eddie Milner so if it's not relavent to the game, don't bring it here.
4) A single person should be elected at the beginning of each thread to provide play by play. The PBP person should be respected as they are providing a means for following the game for those of us who cannot tune in. There is no need for more than one PBP person as this just adds confusion to the game thread.
5) Just like all other forums on this great board, the Game Threads are no place to beg for positive rep or complain about negative rep. As a rule, DO NOT MENTION REP.
6) All general board rules (listed at the bottom of each page) should be observed at all times.
Like I said, please add to this accordingly. I’m sure it is not complete, but maybe it is a good starting point to get the game threads back to enjoyable.