Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Adam Dunn, A Stolen Base Threat?

Adam Dunn, A Stolen Base Threat?

Is Adam Dunn a threat on the bases? He's stolen four. He use to steal bases in the minors. He has lost weight. Does that mean he's 40-20 or 40-15 potential?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Can he be stopped?

Re: Adam Dunn, A Stolen Base Threat?

His stated goal this season was 77. So far he's 4-4 (one coming on a double steal with Freel). Make up your own minds using that info. (For the record, he's on pace for 46)
    Last edited by Dunner44; 04-18-2007 at 12:28 AM.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    Is Adam Dunn a threat on the bases? He's stolen four. He use to steal bases in the minors. He has lost weight. Does that mean he's 40-20 or 40-15 potential?
    Well, 4 in 13 games, I'd say he's a good bet to hit the 50-50 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Well, 4 in 13 games, I'd say he's a good bet to hit the 50-50 mark.
    That would be something else
    Most Vottomatic Player

04/15/2007

Running donkey: Before Dunn was scratched, there was talk about his being 3-for-3 in stolen bases -- including a swipe in the fourth inning of Saturday's game. Dunn has joked since spring that his goal was to swipe 77 bases this season.

"It's just a number I came up with in my head," Dunn said.

"Seventy seven? Maybe 7-for-7," right fielder Ken Griffey Jr. joked. "Don't do that. Start that next year, and you'll be a leadoff hitter. A 6-7, 265-pound leadoff hitter. They'll expect him to slap the ball around, get on base and run."

Last year, Dunn stole seven without being caught. His career high was 19 steals in 2002.

"I can't get thrown out," Dunn joked. "I go when I know I can make it."

"If he steals another one, we'll definitely put it on the big screen at home. It'll be his body on a donkey," said Griffey in a reference to Dunn's "Big Donkey" nickname.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Dunn can steal bases... look at his rookie year. Hes not going to take 50 but 20 is probable

Dunner will get 20 this year. I think many pitchers dont pay attention to a guy named the big donkey when he is on first and Dunner is just smart enought to take the base when he knows he can.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Dunn as a leadoff hitter, Jr.? Don't be silly. No manager would be that nuts!.......
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn View Post
    Is Adam Dunn now referring to himself in third person??

Quote Originally Posted by scounts22 View Post
    Is Adam Dunn now referring to himself in third person??
    MississippiRed used to be critical of people who do that, but now he sees how much fun it can be. Go Adam!

I have even seen him run on and off the field, I like this "New" Adam Dunn guy!

Turn Off Ads?