Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Schmidt to DL

Schmidt to DL

The Dodgers have placed Jason Schmidt on the DL with a bum shoulder. Schmidt has been topping out around 88 mph this season according to Jon Heyman of si.com. Not looking like a very wise investment so far... you obviously have to give it more time, but pitcher's in their 30's with bad shoulder's don't tend to last very long once things start going south.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Schmidt to DL

Another of the crazy bidding wars I'm glad we stayed out of.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

yeah seriously. and if my memory serves me correctly...there were a LOT of RZ'ers that wanted to enter that bidding war...

there goes a fantasy starter, lol.

I was absolutely one of the ones who thought that if the Reds were going to spend 10-12 million on relievers, they should go out and sign a "dependable" 1 or 2 like Schmidt to a 2-3 year contract--How 3 months changes things...The shoulder problems must have developed recently, though. I would imagine that LA would have gotten a full medical evaluation prior to the signing.

In other free agent starting pitcher news, Jeff Weaver was bombed again. I don't know why teams even bother to venture into the free agent market for arms... the majority of the time, it spells disaster (see Milton, Eric).

Yikes. This has labrum written all over it.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?