Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Refreshing Honesty

Re: Refreshing Honesty

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Nobody tunes into us to hear the game
    Perhaps some folks tune in to hear the game AND an interesting personality? Otherwise for strict play by play with zero opinions there's Grande & Welsh.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 04-18-2007 at 06:15 PM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

2. Turn Off Ads?

Don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but did anyone hear Brantley's comment on Greg Acquino after he walked Gonzalez with the bases loaded? He said something along the lines of "it's hard to throw strikes when your left arm is wrapped around your neck" and then proceeded to make choking sounds. It was absolutely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but did anyone hear Brantley's comment on Greg Acquino after he walked Gonzalez with the bases loaded? He said something along the lines of "it's hard to throw strikes when your left arm is wrapped around your neck" and then proceeded to make choking sounds. It was absolutely hilarious.
    I heard him and couldn't believe he did that! He doesn't really hold much back; it seems like he says whatever pops into his head. It was pretty funny though!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckU View Post
    JB's overused phrase has been "My Goodness!!". But not just a regular "My Goodness!!". A country boy "My goodness!!". Not that there is anything wrong with that.

And using "fixin" as an adjetive for "going to". But Thom already called him out on that one.

Fixin means going to where I'm from.

Somewhat reasonable

I noticed that one too. The more I listen to Brantley and Thom together, the more I like them. I've got nothing against Welsh and Grande except that they sound like high school announcers compared to Brantley and Thom.
    The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    When Thom gets too critical he comes across as Marty's little mini-me. I'm guessing someone told him to ease up.
    Guys I may be wrong but Im thinking that some of you don't want a announcer to put down a reds player even when he is stinking up the place?? These ballplayers are pros that makes millions of dollors and deserves the critical talk torwards them when they are stinking up the place.Thats what announcers are for!! to tell the truth and tell the facts yes sometimes harsh BUT thats what the announcers are being paid for.Telling the truth!!!!

Keep up the great work Marty,Joe,Thom,Jeff,George,and Chris!!!

Last edited by WVPacman; 04-19-2007 at 12:19 AM.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

I agree with most of what was said here.

I enjoy the Jeff and Thom broadcasts much more than George and Chris's.

G Rated George and Chris are ok...maybe for school kids? But from strictly an entertainment factor, Jeff and Thom blow them out of the water.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Thats one of my favorite lines on the golf course.

It's hard to putt with both hands around you neck!

GL

Turn Off Ads?