Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Teams that are in first.....

Teams that are in first.....

Are the teams that have done the best against their own division.

So far at least, through about 1/12th of the season, every division's leader also has the division's best record against their own division opponents, including the REDS.

It pays to have a fast start when you start off the year playing against your own division.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Teams that are in first.....

[QUOTE=Eric_Davis;1307555]Are the teams that have done the best against their own division.
    QUOTE]

This is also a reflection of the fact that the majority of the games played to date have been within each division.

It's interesting that no team has taken off on a rocket yet.

The Dodgers, Braves and Mets are out of the gates fairly strong. I've seen a few Mets games and that team looks awesome. It's at the top of MLB in ERA, SB and DER, second in runs per game (1st in the NL). It's a haymaker of a club.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Dodgers, Braves and Mets are out of the gates fairly strong. I've seen a few Mets games and that team looks awesome. It's at the top of MLB in ERA, SB and DER, second in runs per game (1st in the NL). It's a haymaker of a club.
    Their rotation (without Pedro) is their only "weak" spot, and it's still decent.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Their rotation (without Pedro) is their only "weak" spot, and it's still decent.
    I actually think their rotation is going to be pretty good. Maine and Perez are both picks of mine to have good seasons. Plus, they've got a Hall-of-Famer about to blow past 300 wins, two top prospects (Pelfrey and Humber), a reservoir of guys like Jason Vargas and Jorge Sosa, Pedro coming back for the latter portion of the year and the means to go and get a pitcher this summer.

IMO, the biggest problem that team is going to face is that the game will seem so easy by the time it gets to October that it might not be properly focused for the playoffs (though losing the NLCS in seven games last year might have innoculated against that too).
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I actually think their rotation is going to be pretty good. Maine and Perez are both picks of mine to have good seasons. Plus, they've got a Hall-of-Famer about to blow past 300 wins, two top prospects (Pelfrey and Humber), a reservoir of guys like Jason Vargas and Jorge Sosa, Pedro coming back for the latter portion of the year and the means to go and get a pitcher this summer.

IMO, the biggest problem that team is going to face is that the game will seem so easy by the time it gets to October that it might not be properly focused for the playoffs (though losing the NLCS in seven games last year might have innoculated against that too).
    I think they'll definitely acquire another SP in July. They'll want another veteran at the top of the rotation for the playoffs.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?