Turn Off Ads?

Thread: for some reason, the team plays different....

for some reason, the team plays different....

with Hamilton in the starting lineup.. i saw from my eyes a more different team than the 1st 8 innings of Mondays game.. anyway i think WK will get GM of the year if this turns out the best trade of the off season for any team... i enjoy watching him play.. he has the 5 tools JIM BOWDEN could never truely find..lol

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Re: for some reason, the team plays different....

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    with Hamilton in the starting lineup.. i saw from my eyes a more different team than the 1st 8 innings of Mondays game.. anyway i think WK will get GM of the year if this turns out the best trade of the off season for any team... i enjoy watching him play.. he has the 5 tools JIM BOWDEN could never truely find..lol
    I agree as I have turned into a big josh fan. One thing I will point out is usually when JH is in Lineup is against righties which this team should beat up on.
    That being said....JH does add an element that this offense needed to even think about contending. speed-power-defense-patience etc

Here is to JH and the reds' continued success

You're right, the team does look better with Hamilton in the lineup.

I'm going to the game Saturday night and I just found out that Cole Hamels is scheduled to start. Any chance Hamilton starts? I'm already a little disappointed that he might not start, and, with Milton pitching, it could be a rough night at the ol' ballpark.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Hamilton already seems to have the respect of the opposing coaches. With 3 HRS in his first 18 Ab's he has shown that he can take it deep at any time. When Freel hits ahead of Hamilton they are going to feed off each other. Freel will see better pitches because of Hamilton's protection and when Freel is on base Hamilton will see more fastballs beause of Freel's speed.

I agree with the announcers when they say that Haimlton gives the team an added dimension when he is in the lineup.

That four-pitch BB last night jumped out at me. Bush damn near could be accused of giving Hamilton Pujols/Bonds treatement in that at-bat. He really didn't close to the strike zone.

They keep that up in front of Dunn all year, and Dunn will put up monstrous numbers...

I'm toolsy.

Quote from Freel in an AP story after last nights game:

"I absolutely love what he (Narron) did with the lineup, putting Hamilton second," said Freel, who had four hits and scored three times. "This guy is going to be what we need in the lineup."

Sounds like his teammates already respect and appreciate his ability. They know what he brings to the table an what that means to the success of the team.

Can he be stopped?

Freel, Hamilton, Dunn 1-2-3 is probably the best top of the order the Reds can field....

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    You're right, the team does look better with Hamilton in the lineup.

I'm going to the game Saturday night and I just found out that Cole Hamels is scheduled to start. Any chance Hamilton starts? I'm already a little disappointed that he might not start, and, with Milton pitching, it could be a rough night at the ol' ballpark.
    Narron has a rough time anyway keeping everyone happy. I'll bet he sits Hamilton that night and runs with the righties. What a dilemna keeping all the bats happy and playing Hamilton as much as feasible!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44 View Post
    Freel, Hamilton, Dunn 1-2-3 is probably the best top of the order the Reds can field....
    Couldn't agree more. I like the fact that Freel keeps the "pull" hole open for Hamilton. Not to mention when Freel is on he distracts the pitcher. By doing so the possibility of the pitcher making a "mistake" pitch rises, IMO. Having Dunn up with 2 runners on will help keep this team in good shape.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Well, it didn't hurt that the Reds hit against Dave Bush during his start

Dave Bush is a very quality major league starting pitcher. 12:1 K:BB rate coming into last night's game. A low WHIP last year, out of line with his ERA. He is on many lists for being a pitcher who is on the cusp of making a leap. There is ZERO need to minimize what the Reds got done last night against Dave Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Dave Bush is a very quality major league starting pitcher. 12:1 K:BB rate coming into last night's game. A low WHIP last year, out of line with his ERA. He is on many lists for being a pitcher who is on the cusp of making a leap. There is ZERO need to minimize what the Reds got done last night against Dave Bush.
    I totally agree. Look at his 2006 numbers. Dave Bush is a solid pitcher.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

THe Reds have played very well against RH pitchers all year, even when Hamilton wasn't in the lineup.

Turn Off Ads?