Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds Marketing Department Waking Up?

Reds Marketing Department Waking Up?

Driving south on I71 I noticed an electronic billboard just north of the William Howard Taft exit. It proclaimed, "Aaron Harrang is pitching tonight against the Astros!" with a big smiling Harrang floating head.

There's another electronic billboard on I275 around Sharronville. I don't think it says who's pitching but last night it was pimping the upcomming Ryan Freel Dirty Shirt Night.

There used to be a billboard on SR-32 between Newtown and the Beachmont Levy. Not really sure if it's still there, but I think it might be. It's a tradional billboard.

Maybe those billboards have always been there and I just missed them? Beyond that, while 3 billboards are spit in an ocean it's nice to see the Reds making a little better effort to reach casual fans in the local area.

For those of you in the extended Reds country, have any new signs of Reds marketing shown up lately?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Marketing Department Waking Up?

There's a regular billboard on 75 South between Hopple and the Harrison exits that has been there since before ST. The stuff on ther has changed several times but it's been a Reds billboard. I think there's a house along I 75 that has Reds stuff painted on it like an ad. I've seen the one on 275 since last year.

I've been very critical of the Reds "marketing" department before Bob took over but they have done a 180, IMO. Of course a giant floating head of Aaron Harang could scare off the kiddies.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Of course a giant floating head of Aaron Harang could scare off the kiddies.
    I'm glad the man can pitch because a carear as "male model" just aint in the cards.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 04-18-2007 at 03:40 PM.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I'm glad the man can pitch because his carear as "male model" just aint in the cards.
    He is approaching Willie McGee status, eh?

I like the new commercials on FSN this year. The one with Harang and David Ross gave me a laugh.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I've heard Josh Hamilton is on a billboard....I haven't seen it, but can anybody confirm?

Everytime I see that picture of Hamilton in your posts Matt.......my first thought is always "I didn't know Bobby Flay was a Reds fan."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I've been very critical of the Reds "marketing" department before Bob took over but they have done a 180, IMO. Of course a giant floating head of Aaron Harang could scare off the kiddies.
    The electronic billboards they have up are fantastic. I saw the Harang advertisement on 471 right before the Newport exit heading into downtown. Those kinds of billboards give the freedom to have very updated content (since I'm sure they just upload the advertisement into a computer and it is transferred to the screen) and its pretty neat to see a pitching matchup advertised same-day of a game, especially right as your driving into the city.

Extremely effective advertising -- hats off to the FO on this one. They're finally selling the players as the reason to go to the ballpark as opposed to the old Cincinnati "marketing tradition" of assuming that fans will just show up.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

You know, a giant electronic billboard or ticker on a building downtown that displays the current score of the game, and the game situation would be pretty cool.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    You know, a giant electronic billboard or ticker on a building downtown that displays the current score of the game, and the game situation would be pretty cool.
    There is a scrolling ticker display on the Duke Energy Center (Convention Center). It would be perfect as it's right on 5th street so everybody who exits I75 going towards Fountain Square would drive right past it.

Can you imagine if last year they had put an announcement that "Joe Mays is pitching tonight?"

I caught an Angels game the first week of the season while I was out in CA. Their marketing department was on the ball. This I liked:
    1. When you walk in the stadium on every pillar is a large picture of a player from the team, their number, and their name. It really helped the casual fan figure out who was on this team.
    2. When they did the jumbotron race, instead of everyone just picking a random color and rooting for it, they had a color on the back of your ticket. That was your color to root for, and if that color one then you received 10% off in the team store during the game. I thought that was a great way to get people into the team store as well.

I haven't been to GABP yet this year, so I don't know what they are doing, but I always like to hear what other teams are doing to give us some ideas.

I had an idea the other day to try to get fans in the stadium and to have people follow the team better: every time the reds sweep a series, the next home game is $1 hot dogs or half off concessions, or something like that.

Can he be stopped?

I wonder if they can do something with the big screens in Fountain Square? That seems like vast untapped potential there. Even if they just have a ticker...
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    It could air the game.....and cause wrecks.

There's a billboard on 71 above the BMW Store.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?