Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phillies send Myers to pen

Phillies send Myers to pen

Lieber to starting rotation, unknown if Manuel will challenge anyone to fight tonight.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6702882

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phillies send Myers to pen

Good idea. Take your best starter and move him to the bullpen.

Brilliant!
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Charlie Manuel just put himself in the running for Worst MLB Manager.

If Krivsky can pounce on this bout of idiocy and extract Myers from the Phillies, I'll take back all the bad things I've ever said about him.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I could find a starting role for Myers on this team...he has a more favorable track record than you know who...

That has to be one of the single dumbest things I have ever had the misfortune to comprehend. That is indefensible on every possible level...

Charlie says it all about having the best staff possible. Turning one of your best starters into a setup man makes the staff better?

When asked if this was out of desperation, Manuel replied, "No, I think this is a way of us trying to fix our pitching staff, having the best pitching staff we can have."

Myers has struggled so far this season, going 0-2 with a 9.39 ERA. He has failed to even make it out of the fifth inning in each of his last two starts.

Lieber hasn't fared any better; after two appearances out of the bullpen, he has a lofty 11.57 ERA. Last season, he started 27 games for the Phillies, going 9-11 with a 4.93 ERA.

Everyone associated with that decision from the front office down to Charlie Manuel should immediately be fired.

I dropped Myers this morning and picked up Hamilton because I needed OF depth. I must have ESP or something!

Great news for me! Some fool in my fantasy league dropped him a couple days ago for Ramon Ortiz. Im pretty far down the waiver wire but maybe this we'll help me pick up Myers.

Idiocy. This is something a fantasy manager would do. Freaking baseball is a marathon, not a sprint, you can't judge Myers after 3 starts this season after what he' done the past 2 seasons. Anyone think the Phils need Comier back?

Nothing so much fun as watching the Phillies implode.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

If WK has a pulse, he is on the phone to Philly right now, offering them EE, Coffey and Cormier for Myers...

Moronic move. I don't really care about the Phillies, but Myers is on my Roto team.
    Where we gonna go?

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Hey Philly, you can have your boy Milton back. Along with Frenchie, and we'll even throw in a real setup man in David Weathers.

You send us that bum Meyers. Sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Moronic move. I don't really care about the Phillies, but Myers is on my Roto team.
    I cant imagine this move lasting more than a week or two.

Turn Off Ads?