http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...02/01/21/mmqb/
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Putting a dog to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Peter King from a few years back...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...02/01/21/mmqb/
    Damn you, I hadn't cried since this morning! lol I need to stop coming back to this thread, but it feels good to get it off your chest.

I talked with the family tonight about the whole getting another dog process. I almost feel like it would be a betrayal to get another so soon, but at the same time, it would help to ease the pain a bit. Either way, we're at least going to go and look on Monday.

I feel bad for all of you that have gone through this. My past dogs went naturally and I never had to face this. I read this thread this morning prior to taking my dog to the animal hospital for heart tests today (things are ok for now at least). I know it isn't the same but it does help me relate to the decision process. The hospital was a 3 hour drive and I was playing this scenario in my head the entire drive.

No one needs to be ashamed of their emotions. I was choked up and nothing had really happened yet. I can't imagine actually going through it. I feel for you all.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-20-2007 at 05:20 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I talked with the family tonight about the whole getting another dog process. I almost feel like it would be a betrayal to get another so soon, but at the same time, it would help to ease the pain a bit. Either way, we're at least going to go and look on Monday.
    It may take you and your family some time -- it's okay to grieve.

But just like you didn't want him to suffer, I'm sure he wouldn't want you and your family to suffer. You're not disrespecting him or his memory. On the contrary, you're acknowledging that he played a huge role in your life, and that his absence leaves a huge emotional void. You loved him tremendously, and now that he's gone, it's okay to share your love with a new pet.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Damn you, I hadn't cried since this morning! lol I need to stop coming back to this thread, but it feels good to get it off your chest.
    Yeah, I'm having a bit of a love/hate relationship with this thread myself. I love the memories and emotions it brings back; I hate the empty hole where pure love used to dwell.

Darn you HHF, why'd you ever start this thread anyway!

Rem

Turn Off Ads?