Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bus Ticket to Louisville for Coffey?

Gary Redus Ruled

Bus Ticket to Louisville for Coffey?

Wow way to turn a win into a blowout loss....Todd needs to go down and get his crap together. Time to bring back Majewski.
    Hoping for another Reds October

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bus Ticket to Louisville for Coffey?

talk about an overreaction to a game....

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Cormier was the guy who turned it into a blowout. Why he was left in to face Lane is beyond my comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    Wow way to turn a win into a blowout loss....Todd needs to go down and get his crap together. Time to bring back Majewski.
    Call me crazy but isn't that just Coffey's 2nd poor outing???

insantiy keep doing the same thing over and over with coffey, santos had just pitched a perfect seventh . Is he only allowed to pitch a designated inning? Talk about iane overmanaging

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    How about a DFA for the frenchman!
    2006 Redszone Prospect Draft - Johnny Cueto
    2007 Redszone Prospect Draft - Pedro Viola, Alexis Oliveras
    2007 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (27) Michael Burgess, Supp. (60) Wes Roemer, 2nd (92) Barry Enright, 3rd (122) Jonathan Bachanov
    2009 Redszone Mock Draft - 1st (9) Shelby Miller, 2nd (58) Marc Krauss, 3rd (89) Daniel Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Cormier was the guy who turned it into a blowout. Why he was left in to face Lane is beyond my comprehension.
    Agreed, I'm 10x madder at the Cormier thing than Coffey.

Coffey should not be used as the set-up man right now though. As I said in the game thread, this is exactly like June of last year when Weathers was getting lit up on a daily basis and Narron was still running him out everyday.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

No, but he should get demoted to mop up duty until he gets his confidence back. Dude just loses everything when a runner gets on base.

Bill Bray needs to get healthy. Not sure how he'll be, but he's not Cormier. It's a start.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

I can't speak for everyone but MRoby and I hope he gets sent down.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Only if Cormier can go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    insantiy keep doing the same thing over and over with coffey, santos had just pitched a perfect seventh . Is he only allowed to pitch a designated inning? Talk about iane overmanaging
    Vicor Santos is a mirage...odds are he will be roadkill in a little while.

No doubt Coffey has struggled this season, but it's still only been 8 innings. Way too trigger happy to send him to the minors.

It was a poor idea to let him pitch 3 games in a row. I figured pitching him yesterday was a good idea to let him get things together in an easy situation. With 2 innings to go, I thought Saarloos and Weathers were the obvious guys to use in the 8th and 9th innings, and if you need a lefty for a batter, then Coutlangus was probably the best option seeing Stanton was used 2 innings last night.

Not Narron's best night IMO. Coffey and Cormier suffered because they were not put in the right situations to succeed.

Gary Redus Ruled

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    talk about an overreaction to a game....
    Um not really. His 8.64 era and three hit batters in two innings leads me to believe he needs to go down to work on his control. Cormier needs to be dfa'd as soon as Bray is ready giving us 10 days to trade him (for a broken jugs gun?)
    Hoping for another Reds October

For me, Coffey being sent down is not in the actual pitching, but the 3 hit batsmen. It's a huge sign of immaturity. One nice thing is that Narron will not be allowed any love affairs with poorly performing pitchers this year--we've got the arms. Sorry Jerry, one to a bathroom.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    It's a huge sign of immaturity.
    It's not like he's trying to do it.

It's a sign that he's having some trouble harnessing his stuff, or that he's trying too hard.

Turn Off Ads?