Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Tracy Jones still at WLW?

Re: Is Tracy Jones still at WLW?

Tracy Jones makes my ears bleed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am not sure why most people here do not like Tracy Jones. I think we have only had 2 (1999 & 2000) winning seasons since 1995. He adds something different to these losing times instead of talking about the negative all the time. Hopefully, the losing will end and "The Tracer" which I think will talk more baseball.

We get baseball talk on the pre and post game show on weekdays. it is nice to hear something more relaxing/funny on the weekends.

(MY OPINION )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Any man that says lineups don't matter should not be on the radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Any man that says lineups don't matter should not be on the radio.
    I thought you'd be a huge fan of Tracey. He says that no matter what they should keep putting Edwin in the line up every day. He says EE's got too much talent to stay in his slump.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I thought you'd be a huge fan of Tracey. He says that no matter what they should keep putting Edwin in the line up every day. He says EE's got too much talent to stay in his slump.

and after all, he did play the game

Extra Innings with Tracy Jones

I was playing golf in Columbus today and on the way home I had the pleasure of listening to the moron, one Tracy Jones...I cannot believe he is on the radio, he had his usual "Richard" guy on talking about his diamond seats and BMW...the point i am making is this guy was talking about everyone not in the diamond seats/luxury boxes as drunks and feared for his safety leaving the park...so he suggested that the luxury seats be let out first, like first class on a plane...and then have rumpke sponsor "taking out the trash" when the rest of the crowd leaves...I cannot believe on the Reds radio station we are subjected to this....this caller should have not been let through, but he has been for years and tracy wastes time on him...I am 24 years old and think Tracy Jones should be fired for this....please join me and boycott the Extra Inning Show with Tracy Jones! I want to listen to Reds talk radio, not some fake "richard" character!!

Thanks,
    ButlerBulldogs

Re: Extra Innings with Tracy Jones

They let Richard through time and time again because there are people tht enjoy listening to him and the following callers that bash him afterwards. Im not saying I'm one of those people but I think thts why it continuously happens.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

tracy jones will not be leaving WLW anytime soon...so you can threaten all your boycotts and such....the "tracer" fits exactly what the "big one" wants--someone who is able to rile the callers up and stir up controversy (contrived or otherwise)...and believe me, it is an act---Tracy learned his radio skills at the feet of the "masters"--Bill Cunningham and the departed Andy Furman.

Amen.YOU ARE CORRECT.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    tracy jones will not be leaving WLW anytime soon...so you can threaten all your boycotts and such....the "tracer" fits exactly what the "big one" wants--someone who is able to rile the callers up and stir up controversy (contrived or otherwise)...and believe me, it is an act---Tracy learned his radio skills at the feet of the "masters"--Bill Cunningham and the departed Andy Furman.
    actually, a boycott would work, less listeners equals less advertising dollars, simple business!

and why is andy departed? he called a bengal player racist and it bothered people, so what happened he got canned

it is when people accept the drivel they put out, that nothing happens!

Quote Originally Posted by butlerbulldogs View Post
    actually, a boycott would work, less listeners equals less advertising dollars, simple business!

and why is andy departed? he called a bengal player racist and it bothered people, so what happened he got canned

it is when people accept the drivel they put out, that nothing happens!

Actually, a boycott would only create more publicity, which would create more ratings, and....well... oh nevermind... (fades back into shadows)

For those of you who get all fired up and bent out of shape over Jones, that's exactly the responses he wants. He says a lot of things for the shock factor and so many people get sucked right in and go off on their hate tangents and he probably sits back and laughs.

Re: Extra Innings with Tracy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick View Post
    They let Richard through time and time again because there are people tht enjoy listening to him and the following callers that bash him afterwards. Im not saying I'm one of those people but I think thts why it continuously happens.
    In the early 90's WLW used to have a guy named Raymond call in and basically bash the Reds, Jim Bowden, Reds fans and everything Cincinnati related. Every time he called, caller after caller would call in and talk about Raymond and how much they hated him, similar to what goes on with Tracy's show now. Since then whether its on the sports shows or McConnell's or Cunningham's show you have regular nutty and controversial type callers that are used just to stir things up. It must work because WLW has been doing this for years now.

My two favorite callers over the years have been Richard from Wheeling and Donna who had a list of "devil people". I enjoyed those two because unlike alot of the regular callers I had no doubt they were not acts and were legitimately crazy!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

The extra Innings Show is a joke when Tracy is the host.

If you listen real close Richard, Nick and Jim are the same guy using different names.

This guy is always one of the first callers Jones talks to. Then the rest of the show is about that phone call. It's bad radio.

Richard was banned today.

Nick was also told not to call back

They haven't talked baseball on sunday this season.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?