Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Tracy Jones still at WLW?

Is Tracy Jones still at WLW?

I noticed that someone else was doing the postgame show. Is Jones still at WLW?

By the way, I must say that Marty had a pretty good game last night. He rode some players a little bit hard, but for the most part he stayed on topic. I only heard the second half, but it was one of his better games.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Tracy Jones still at WLW?

I think TJ only does weekends.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I think TJ only ruins weekends.
    Fixed the quote...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Fixed the quote...

Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty is now the host of Sports Talk now and does Extra Innings after weekday games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

ok.. thanks for the info. It's not as if I missed Tracy, but I was just wondering.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Fixed the quote...
    Hey now..he played the game
    Go Gators!

Love "The TRACER"

www.tracyjonesonline.com

Friday nights, the callers have to say how many drinks they have had. :all_cohol (It is very entertaining. )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

No. It's not. It's the opposite of entertaining. It is a soul-sucking drain on anything remotely enjoyable following a Reds game.

No. It's not. It's the opposite of entertaining. It is a soul-sucking drain on anything remotely enjoyable following a Reds game.
    I'm with goreds on this one. I like him. But on this board if you say you like TJ you're automatically stupid because you disagree with the popular opinion. I think most of it is an act, and I don't think he believes a lot of the stuff he says.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Agreed, it long ago stopped being a baseball discussion show, and became entertainment equivalent to the "Jerry Springer Show."

That's fine if you're looking for cheap laughs; take a look at his web site- that's what it is. It's not a kid friendly site, BTW.

But he treats a lot of the callers exactly how he treated vaticanplum when she called in. I don't care for it when I'm just looking for some good old fashioned rehashing of a baseball game.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm with goreds on this one. I like him. But on this board if you say you like TJ you're automatically stupid because you disagree with the popular opinion. I think most of it is an act, and I don't think he believes a lot of the stuff he says.
    This is from the archives from the RedsZone gathering 2 years ago...[from GAC]

I talked more in-depth with Tracey and Seg before they went on air. All I can say is don't judge them totally by their "on-air" personalities. They're there to play off the audience and each other. They like being the antagonists.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty is now the host of Sports Talk now and does Extra Innings after weekday games.
    Yay.

Maybe one day we will have real sports talk here in Cincinnati, along with some real beat writers. No offense to C. Trent, I like him, but if he is any good he will be gone somewhere else very soon.

I was subjected to Jones in the car home from Chicago on Sunday. He's brutal to listen to.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

But he did play the game...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    ... No offense to C. Trent, I like him, but if he is any good he will be gone somewhere else very soon.
    Yeah, like hopefully the Cincinnati Enquirer next year.
    sorry we're boring

Turn Off Ads?