Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brooklyn Dodger Carl Erskine Interview

Brooklyn Dodger Carl Erskine Interview

Had the chance to interview Erskine on my show today, wrapping up the Jackie Robinson celebration. He had some great insights and stories. Hard to believe he's 80 years old now.

You can hear the interview at our website:

www.wccpfm.com

Also, if you missed the Jared Burton interview, it is still up as well.

Hope you enjoy this stuff when I can get it...
    Dan Scott, Program Director
    Host of Cruise Control
    The Drive, 104.9 FM
    Clemson, SC
    www.danscottshow.com
    ------------------------------------------------
    I'm always serious. And stop calling me Shirley...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brooklyn Dodger Carl Erskine Interview

Erskine is actually from Anderson, Indiana which is just north of Indianapolis. A few years back I took off work to go listen to him speak at Franklin College. He really is a great and humble guy and while I loved hearing him speak about his playing career I more so enjoyed hearing him speak about his relationship with his son Jimmy who is afflicted with down syndrome. I was fortunate to get a picture taken with Carl and he was nice enough to offer to give me his home address for me to send the picture to him to have it autographed.

For a baseball history nut like me to be able to shake the hand of a guy who played along side the likes of Campanella, Hodges, Reese, Robinson and Snider was a pretty cool thing.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Re: Brooklyn Dodger Carl Erskine Interview

I went to high school with Carl Erskine's two oldest sons. Carl is a mini Joe Nuxhall. Whenever there is a need you can count on him and he has great stories. Now I have a question. I am 56 years old. I am too young (?) to have seen him pitch. Is there a web site that would have old game videos? I would love to see a video or even radio broadcast of Erskine vs Nuxhall.

Turn Off Ads?