Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sabathia for Figgins

Sabathia for Figgins

Just pulled the trigger, Chone should be back in two weeks to wrap up the SB title for me (along with Furcal...) Here is my team now (standard 5x5 league):

C Martin
    1B Texeira
    2B Figgins (O.Hudson until he comes back)
    SS Furcal
    3B Encarnacion/Teahen
    OF Guerrero
    OF Rios
    OF Duncan/Teahen
    DH Ad.Gonzalez

SP Peavy
    SP F.Hernandez
    SP Kazmir
    SP Harden
    SP Hill
    RP Hoffman
    RP Wheeler
    RP Soria
    RP Otsuka
    RP Owens

In the meantime, I'm gonna take a flyer on Lincecum. Now I still think I could give up a little pitching for some power...
    Last edited by Benihana; 04-19-2007 at 01:44 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sabathia for Figgins

Sabathia for Figgins? I don't like that deal at all. You have some pitching to spare, but you should be able to get more than just Figgins, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Sabathia for Figgins? I don't like that deal at all. You have some pitching to spare, but you should be able to get more than just Figgins, IMHO.
    On pure value it may be a slight loser for me but I think that I have such an excess of pitching, I could afford it. I think this will lock up steals for me (btw Figgins and Furcal) and I should still win four of the five pitching categories (W, K, ERA, WHIP), especially if Lincecum is any good.

If I win those five categories, provided I'm league average in the others (R, HR, RBI, AVG, and SV) then I should win the league by my caluclations.
    Go BLUE!!!

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Might want to wait and see how serious King Felix's arm troubles are before you pull the trigger. If it's anything substantial, you could be out 2 aces for a while instead of just the one.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Might want to wait and see how serious King Felix's arm troubles are before you pull the trigger. If it's anything substantial, you could be out 2 aces for a while instead of just the one.
    I know, this concerns me, but they are saying he is going to miss 2-3 starts and (hopefully) be fine after that. If this is true, Peavy-Felix-Harden-Kazmir-Hill-Lincecum should still be enough to win all pitching categories.

Now I have a guy talking to me about a Soriano-for-Peavy swap, but he wants me to throw in a little more. Thoughts?
    Go BLUE!!!

I would pull the trigger on a Soriano for Peavy trade for sure, especially if all you have to give up is Peavy and a throw in, that would be a no brainer. I particularly like having a strong offense all season, and make good waiver additions to fill out my pitching, such as a few good matchups here and there, a shuttle free agent roster if you will. Soriano's health depending of course.

Turn Off Ads?