If anyone really cares....Doug MacLean was fired as the GM/President of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets...I know hockey doesnt get much love these days...but being the only major sport my city has I guess I do care....I was really into the CBJ when they first came to town--the city, contrary to popular opinion does have a rich hockey history, albeit minor league history.

The Columbus Chill set attendance records left and right as a member of the ECHL and the fans were/are knowledable....thats why as a fan, I gave up on the Blue Jackets the past two years...I know as a Reds fan some would see that as hypocritical...why give up on the Blue Jackets, but not the Reds??? Both have been habitual losers lately. The reason is I care more about the Reds than any other team and baseball more than any other sport, and I have seen the Reds win and hope to see it again soon. But with a new franchise and listening to Dougie Mac make excuses over and over and over--he even hosted a weekly call-in show where he could make his case week by week: which his "quit" on last Wednesday---it got tired.

Eventually I quit watching games on TV and attending games (even ones where I could have scored free seats)--the losing and excuses became tiresome. Plus I realized, hey, I had three free hours each night during the winter--which I usually wasted--but what the heck. I'm just glad ownership has finally stopped listening to a snake oil salesman who coasted on the one Stanley Cup he won nearly 15 years ago and booted him out the door. I, for one, am looking forward to next year's NHL season.....