Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton does not make sense

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Josh Hamilton does not make sense

I am just sitting here watching the game and what he does should not be done by someone who has played as little as he has recently. My head cant comprehend it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Josh Hamilton does not make sense

He shouldn't be doing this.

However, he is doing this....and making it look EASY.

I share you're wonder Doug.

It's like a wonderful dream I don't want to wake up from.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Do you think if the Reds offered him back to Tampa Bay that they would take him? :

You know people said this guy was a once a decade type player like Griffey and ARod were coming out of HS and you think yeah right. It takes that kind of talent that only these guys have to be able to hit like this after sitting out over 3 seasons. I'm not sure if he'll keep it up all year but I am sure that his talent has not been overrated.

I can't comprehend it either. He's making it look WAY too easy. You would've thought he went through the minors and dominated and has already been through his rookie season and then some. It's just UNBELIEVABLE. I know it's still early in the season, but you can't help but be optimistic. I was for sure pessimistic going in...

At one point in my life I had talent like Josh Hamilton. Sadly, I had to wake up for school.

It certainly unbelievable isn't. Every time he gets on base I think it is amazing. When he hits HR's, it is even better.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

HAHA dave

I've been trying to wrap my head around it as well and I just can't. Nothing like this has ever happened before in my recollection.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I guess when a guy has pure, natural talent, even an extended period of time matters not.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

We've been waiting for him to cool off since Spring....

When is the time range for NL Player of the Week, he's got to be right there this week.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I haven't waited with as much anticipation to watch someone hit since Eric Davis in the Spring of 1987.

I feel like I'm watching Awakenings with Robert DeNiro, except I don't want Josh Hamilton to go back to sleep.

Close to tears here. This is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I haven't waited with as much anticipation to watch someone hit since Eric Davis in the Spring of 1987.

I feel like I'm watching Awakenings with Robert DeNiro, except I don't want Josh Hamilton to go back to sleep.

Close to tears here. This is unbelievable.
    At the risk of sounding melodramatic, following this kid feels exactly like falling in love. The path that's led you there seems both unbelievable and a given at the same time and you're freaked out about the complete uncertainty of the future, but at the moment it's just the greatest thing that has ever happened.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?