Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is when the Reds will win...and I have little hope of any of it happening...

This is when the Reds will win...and I have little hope of any of it happening...

1) The time periods between when a player starts to perform badly and when he's taken off the roster need to be shortened. Even if the team ends up giving up on a player a little soon, the benefit will be it will give the roster as a whole a fear they need to fight every day to stay on the team. Shorten up on the rope AS A POLICY. It's too clubby and easy to be a Red. I don't care about Redsfest improving--I want less patience with poor baseball.

2) Tom Hume needs to be fired. For deep emotional shakeup, if nothing else. The relievers are consistently unprepared to pitch when they come in, from a scouting, physical and mental point-of-view and this is how it's been over several years. If Hume is fired, the team will know Narron is next, and they all love Jerry.

3) Jr. needs to be put on the DL to get in shape. Send him down to Sarasota and work his fat butt. His timing is off because his bat speed is slowed by his gut.

4) Play Hamilton every day for the rest of the season. With the other problems the Reds have, they can't afford him out of the lineup at all. He's young, and if anything, he needs every at bat he can get.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This is when the Reds will win...and I have little hope of any of it happening...

BTW Trent postgame. Shameful:
    First of all, Bronson said he was out of gas after the seventh. His curveball wasn't working, so he had to throw more fastballs than usual, and that took it out of him. Thought with a 6-2 lead he was OK.

Also, asked Jerry why Castro, he seemed peeved at the question. Said he thought he was the best chance to get on base. He didn't want to use Javy without someone on base. Of course, not using Javy meant no one got on base.

Asked him about Junior, and again he seemed upset with the question, saying Junior wasn't even in the ballpark. Last I saw Junior he was asleep on the couch in the clubhouse, so I didn't know. That's why you ask questions, so you can get answers to things you don't know.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Re: This is when the Reds will win...and I have little hope of any of it happening...

To be honest, Junior is really pissing me off. He does little to nothing to help the club, and he constantly gets his little special treatments and whatnot. It'd be funny and effective just to send him to the minors. I'm really, really sick of him.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

This thread will make an interesting read in the morning when I wake up.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

JR being sick had zippo impact on tonights disaster.

This was a hammer blow reinforcement that our pen is awful and Narron is a complete imbecile. Most of us knew that but its never any fun to have your face rubbed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    To be honest, Junior is really pissing me off. He does little to nothing to help the club, and he constantly gets his little special treatments and whatnot. It'd be funny and effective just to send him to the minors. I'm really, really sick of him.
    Me too, my scabbed up knuckles are too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post
    Not when one is venting rage at one's favorite scapegoat.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post
    Let's not let facts get in the way of a good rant.

I have said this for four to five years now about Griffey.He just does'nt help this team and he hardly ever has since he came here.I know the injurys isn't his fault but the injurys are killing the team.This has been going on every season with the guy and the truth is that he has done little to help this team win.Its time for him to go so Hamilton can play everyday.Don't get me wrong I like Griffey just as much as all of you but the truth is that he has been a bust in Cincy.He isn't injured this year but what has he done?? Nothing!! Im telling you imo if Griffey is off this team then the team would be better exspecially on offense.
    Last edited by WVPacman; 04-20-2007 at 12:23 AM.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    I have said this for four to five years now about Griffey.He just does'nt help this team and he hardly ever has since he came here.I know the injurys isn't his fault but the injurys are killing the team.This has been going on every season with the guy and the truth is that he has done little to help this team win.Its time for him to go so Hamilton can play everyday.Don't get me wrong I like Griffey just as much as all of you but the truth is that he has been a bust in Cincy.He isn't injured this year but what has he done?? Nothing!! Im telling you imp if Griffey is off this team then the team would be better.
    Griffey wasn't the one coming out of the bullpen and blowing leads yesterday and today.

Fact is, if the bullpen could have held the lead over the last couple of games, no one would be posting any of this.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Griffey wasn't the one coming out of the bullpen and blowing leads yesterday and today.

Fact is, if the bullpen could have held the lead over the last couple of games, no one would be posting any of this.

Thats your opinion and I can accept that but the guy is 37 years old and is injury phrone.Just to watch the guy run around the field and bases makes me hurt.He will never be 100% healthy ever again and thats a fact. You are 100% right about the bullpen b/c they are terrible but im talking about the whole team.It seems like ever since Griffey came every reds player just sat back and said we got Griffey he will do something to help this team win.Well its never happen and it never will.

As far as the trading freel for Hamilton to play everyday threads goes!!! we have the right topic but the wrong player.The player that should stay is freel b/c he brings more to the table and team and Griffey should be the one traded b/c hes 37 and its time to give a younger player a chance(Hamilton)to be an everyday starter.Im hoping he can go to another team and bring his career back to the old JR for atleast the time he has left playing.

Johnny,To trade freel would be the biggest mistake we could make.Thats exactly why the reds organzation can't put a winner on the field!! b/c Griffey and his overpaid contract.If it was'nt for that contract then we would have a good pitching staff !!! starting pitching and bullpen pitching.We would be a better team all around b/c we could afford it. Thats what im saying!!

Send him packin to Mudville!

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Never in the history of baseball has a future hall of famer been so flamed as Ken Griffey Juniior on these boards. Didn't contribute to the team? When healthy, he is the fire that keeps on burning. Unfortunately, he has not been healthy. But when healthy, he has been a constant offensive spark.

but, then again, Norris Hopper, Ryan Freel, Chris Denorfia, and any number of others won't match his statistics in a whole year if he plays half the year. check it out. In 2005, Griffey scored 85 runs and batted in 92 in 128 games. In 2006 Griffey scored 62 runs and batted in 72 in 109 games. Total games = 237. Freel scored 85 runs in 2005 and batted in 21 in 103 games. In 2006, he scored 67 runs and batted in 27 in 132 games. Total games = 235. Of course Griffey gave us instant offense with 35 HRs in 05 and 27 in 06. Freel hit 3 in 05 and 8 last year.

So who's the most productive and who's not contributing?

Makes me sick to see this, but that's the way it is. Put Griffey out to pasture.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Thats exactly why the reds organzation can't put a winner on the field!! b/c Griffey and his overpaid contract.If it was'nt for that contract then we would have a good pitching staff !!! starting pitching and bullpen pitching.We would be a better team all around b/c we could afford it. Thats what im saying!![/QUOTE]

Pure speculation,Junior's contract would not have brought alot of top tier starters,and bullpen,that money is deferred over X amount of years.Now you can use that premise to sign top name starting pitching and bullpen with the offer of paying every contract big and small deferred money over many years.

Turn Off Ads?