Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fay answers questions from tonights game

Re: Fay answers questions from tonights game

He didn't double switch two nights ago which could have let santos go another inning but last night he double switches Dunn out. I do not want to see Dunn taken out of the game unless it is the bottom of the ninth and the reds have a lead. His D isnt good but it isn't awful especially with either Freel or Hamiton in CF instead of Jr.

What also gets me is why he took out Saarloos last night. Yea he was struggling but the guy is a converted starter who can pitch to both righties and lefties. He got himself into trouble let him try to get out of trouble. If Narron manages the bullpen right maybe Santos goes 2 innings last night and Coffey comes in today in the 8th with a 4 run lead and not a pressure situation.

Also why in the world do you pinch hit Castro? They guy is just a bad bad hitter and was completly overmatched. Heck if Conine can walk up to the plate with a crutch he would have a better shot at getting on base than Castro. But I guess you have to deal with nagging injuries when you trade for a guy who is over 40 and in the twilight of his career. And the reason not to pinch hit Valentine because no one was on is just stupid. If Valentine does get on that enables the lineup to be turned and you start with the top. If freel manages to prolong the inning you have a bunch of guys behind him who with one swing could win the game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Abuse from 2006 finally setting in.
    Jerry's not the best manager in the game but.....Is their anything else you'd like to blame on Jerry Narron?

Quote Originally Posted by T7-niner View Post
    Jerry's not the best manager in the game but.....Is their anything else you'd like to blame on Jerry Narron?
    Everything that is wrong in this world can be traced back to Jerry Narron or Bob Boone.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Everything that is wrong in this world can be traced back to Jerry Narron or Bob Boone.
    Or Dave Miley...
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Or Dave Miley...
    The Trifecta of Terror.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I'm not usually overly critical but it's barely plausible to pinch hit Castro for a pitcher. At no time should he be used in the place of an actual position player that is paid to hit a baseball regardless of how poorly said hitter has performed up to that point in time. Dave Ross has suffered the ultimate indignity at the hands of Jerry Narron. I think the only option now is to challenge Jerry to a duel.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsNeck View Post
    I'm not usually overly critical but it's barely plausible to pinch hit Castro for a pitcher. At no time should he be used in the place of an actual position player that is paid to hit a baseball regardless of how poorly said hitter has performed up to that point in time. Dave Ross has suffered the ultimate indignity at the hands of Jerry Narron. I think the only option now is to challenge Jerry to a duel.

I think 3 people thought that was a good idea. Castro, Narron and Marty.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Regardless of why the pitchers came out--and errors that were made, the bullpen needs to throw strikes. Wed. night coffey hit the first batter and last night, Sarloos walked the first batter on 4 straight balls. They can't do that and expect to be sucessful.

And while I think Narron is not a good in game manager, I'm not sure there is anyone out there to replace him with at the present.
    Hacktastic: The Story of the 2014 Cincinnati Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think 3 people thought that was a good idea. Castro, Narron and Marty.
    Marty liked the move?? I was watching it on TV. What did Marty say?

I have to be honest I had a terrible feeling about the outcome when Jerry threw the jinx on us by pulling Adam Dunn. I think the rule of thumb on defensive replacements should be ninth inning only unless you have more than a grand slam lead.

Marty liked the move?? I was watching it on TV. What did Marty say?

I'm just guessing Marty liked it. Juan Castro walks on water according to him.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Marty couldn't believe the move. I was driving home from the game and heard that one.

Who could believe it? One of the weirdest decisions I can remember.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

And don't forget Brandon Phillips' throwing error set up that sacrifice fly.
    Should have been an error on Ross, not Phillips. Ross barely bent for the ball, seemingly because he thought he might make a swipe tag (highly doubtful). Bad decision. The throw was a little up the line, but it was nowhere near an error. Given some of the drops Ross had on throws from the OF last year, and that play he made on the bunt in the second game this year, I'm starting to think he's a liability once the ball's in play.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Should have been an error on Ross, not Phillips. Ross barely bent for the ball, seemingly because he thought he might make a swipe tag (highly doubtful). Bad decision. The throw was a little up the line, but it was nowhere near an error. Given some of the drops Ross had on throws from the OF last year, and that play he made on the bunt in the second game this year, I'm starting to think he's a liability once the ball's in play.
    Yes. I was at the game and couldn't believe that was called on Phillips. Ross is the gift that seemingly keeps on giving.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I think the rule of thumb on defensive replacements should be ninth inning only unless you have more than a grand slam lead.
    I've seen bats like Dmitri Young's get replaced by gloves like Kerry Robinson's.

In short, I'll sign your petition.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I cannot remember the last time Ross made a play at the plate. Come to think of it, I can't remember him doing anything out of the ordinary back there. Funny how his slump just highlights his defensive shortcomings.

Honestly, if David Ross is not a below-average catcher, then there is no such thing as a below-average catcher.

Turn Off Ads?