Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Northern Ky
    Posts
    4,801

    Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Dude really needs an anger management class!

    A link to the story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070420/...ldwin_basinger

    If you look to the left there is a link to hear the msg. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!


  2. #2
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,712

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Why is it available on the web?

    That's more ridiculous then his tirade IMO.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Northern Ky
    Posts
    4,801

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    My guess is his ex leaked it just to add more drama to the long drawn out custody dispute they have been having.

    She probably did it to prove she has not been telling lies all these years with regards to his behavior.

  4. #4
    ZCTRMTP!!!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,799

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn View Post
    My guess is his ex leaked it just to add more drama to the long drawn out custody dispute they have been having.

    She probably did it to prove she has not been telling lies all these years with regards to his behavior.


    The custody of the child is not going to be settled in the court of public opinion. The voice mail should never have been leaked IMO.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Northern Ky
    Posts
    4,801

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    [/B]

    The custody of the child is not going to be settled in the court of public opinion. The voice mail should never have been leaked IMO.
    I am not disagreeing with you.

    I guess I sort of got a kick out of it because looking at it as a "Hollywood Thing". I mean, yes people have yelled at their kids...but how many of them live on the other side of the country and threaten to make a special trip just to let them know HOW disappointed they are in them. :

    Money, I wish I had it to burn like that!!

  6. #6
    You're soaking in it! MartyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,350

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    [/B]

    The custody of the child is not going to be settled in the court of public opinion. The voice mail should never have been leaked IMO.
    Maybe at some point in our nations history that was true but with so many in the judges seat eying further political aspirations...especially in a major city like LA...c'mon...it's all about the PR...and this is a HUGE blunder for Baldwin.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

  7. #7
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,257

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    Maybe at some point in our nations history that was true but with so many in the judges seat eying further political aspirations...especially in a major city like LA...c'mon...it's all about the PR...and this is a HUGE blunder for Baldwin.
    In Ohio, judges are elected, so they already have political aspirations in keeping their job. I don't know about LA though.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  8. #8
    Pre-tty, pre-tty good!! MWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    12,324

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Why is it available on the web?

    That's more ridiculous then his tirade IMO.
    That was my initial reaction. And yes it's still pretty ridiculous that this stuff is public. But I was reading the paper today and there was a story on it and I saw the transcript and if I had custody of this child, there's no way I'd let this guy near her. She's 11 years old and he called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig." He then followed that up with "You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being."

    Then "I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child."

    I don't know the history of the whole Baldwin-Bassinger thing, but I do know that you just don't talk a child that way under ANY circumstance.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

  9. #9
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,410

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    That was my initial reaction. And yes it's still pretty ridiculous that this stuff is public. But I was reading the paper today and there was a story on it and I saw the transcript and if I had custody of this child, there's no way I'd let this guy near her. She's 11 years old and he called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig." He then followed that up with "You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being."

    Then "I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child."

    I don't know the history of the whole Baldwin-Bassinger thing, but I do know that you just don't talk a child that way under ANY circumstance.

    I wonder if he also told her, "Coffee is for closers!"
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  10. #10
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,410

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    I saw this and thought about posting it here but I was - and am - worried the thread will turn political since Baldwin is such a lightening rod of the left.

    That said, he sounds a bit bitter.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  11. #11
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,364

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    C'mon, what parent hasn't yelled at their kid like that?

    I mean seriously, I don't know cause I don't have kids. Is that allowed, cause if it is I'm having some kids.

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  12. #12
    He has the Evil Eye! flyer85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    south of the border
    Posts
    23,858

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    C'mon, what parent hasn't yelled at their kid like that?
    I have never said anything near that mean and hurtful to my daughter. You can't take back the pain that can be caused by such thoughtless words.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

  13. #13
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,668

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    C'mon, what parent hasn't yelled at their kid like that?
    I haven't. I would never demean and cuss my 11 yr old like that.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  14. #14
    Supreme Jar Opener
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    N. KY
    Posts
    288

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I haven't. I would never demean and cuss my 11 yr old like that.
    I've had my rants and tyrades, but he was way over the top.:thumbdown
    "There are people who don't like baseball? But... Baseball is the coolest thing ever!" -Zombie's 5 year old daughter.

  15. #15
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,601

    Re: Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

    Yep, she just lost her steak knives.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25